Richard Dent?

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
I saw on csac that Dent is appearing in the Chicago area this upcoming weekend. Has anyone heard anything about these appearances and what they are? Thanks

Pabs82

Premier Member
Credits
Richard Dent ('85 Bears)
Time: 5:00pm

Richard Dent will be signing autographs:

$30 for items purchsed in store.
$50 for your flat and $60 deluxe.

That's for this Friday. Same pretty much on Sunday.

frankiebones022

Premier Member
Credits
ya thats crazy !! please beware of how he signs ! he scribbles his name real big and wide , with little things in there. and all sorts of stuff. its not woth the price ! i had him sign something one time and told him , sign here at the bottom. he was like "down here" i said yep ! cuz i wanted him on the 85 piece but not near the top !! haha. really its bad. and he aint worth 50-60$. just some insight , take it or leave it.

Pabs82

Premier Member
Credits
Did anyone go to the Sayers apperances when he was doing the same thing? What items do they sell that you get at a lower price and how much are they?

Pabs82

Premier Member
Credits
Laws, here you go. For those that dont have a membership to csac, it's completely worth it and I'm not sure if I'm violating anything from CSAC by posting this but here it is

Various Negro League Players
Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Location: JCJ Memorabilia-Water Tower Place-7th fl., 835 N. Michigan Avenue (Chicago, IL)
In conjunction with JC J Memorabilia, Welcome to the Official Site of Negro League Legends and Barnstormers Baseball, Gary Crawford of PGC MarketLInk, and the Illinois Toys for Tots Non-for-Profit organization, the baseball Legends are excited to have this opportunity of not only meeting with their fans, but also knowing that they will be able to help some of Chicagoland's needy children just in time for the Holiday Season.

Unwrapped toys will be collected by the fellas and then donated to Toys for Tots.
As for the fellas themselves, they will sell their memorabilia at discounted holiday prices and all will feature free autographs.

Among those who will attend are:

- Hank "Baby" Presswood, 87, - was an infielder that played for Buck O'Neil. He alos played two years (1948 & 1949) with the Cleveland Buckeyes and then two more years with the Kansas City Monarchs - both as a shortstop & 3B - between 1950 & 1952.

He then worked at Inland Steel (now part of MITTAL Steel - the world's largest steel company) in East Chicago, Indiana. He resides in Englewood today.

- Johnny "Lefty" Washington, 78, - a Morgan Park Grad - played for Ted "Double Duty" Radcliff where he finished the 1949 campaign with the Chicago American Giants, and then in 1950 he pitched for the Houston / New Orleans Eagles.

He served his country in Korea (Marines) and earned two Purple Hearts.

Johnny then worked for many years with the City of Chicago's Water Department.
He resides in Bronzeville today.

- Nathan "Sonny" Weston, 78, - a Bloom High School Grad.
Jerry Colangelo (the former majority owner of the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury of the WNBA, the Arizona Rattlers of the Arena Football League and the D'Backs of MLB) is also an alum of Bloom. Soon Sonny will join Mr. Colangelo into the Bloom High School Hall of Fame.

Sonny played outfield for Ted "Double Duty" Radcliff with the Chicago American Giants. He then was the "last cut" on both the 1951 Brooklyn Dodgers and the Chicago White Sox.

He later worked for 40 years with FORD. He re sides in Sauk Village today.

- Robert "Bob" Wiggins, 75, played outfield for the Raleigh Tigers in both 1959 and 1960.
Where he was also fortunate enough to have played with many of those who were featured in what was then called, the 28th Annual (and officially last) East-West Negro League All-Star Baseball game.
He was a part-time instructor for the Gary Railcats when the club first started. And was employed by Corn Products better known today as Best Foods for 40 years.
Today Bob lives in Argo Summit.

For further information, please call Gary Crawford cell (312) 859-7788 or email us @ info@negroleaguelegends.org

Welcome to the Official Site of Negro League Legends and Barnstormers Baseball