Johnny Bench- Oklahoma City $20 and up

Graphmaster

Premier Member
Credits
Good cause or not, I'd be upset. It's not difficult to prevent smearing. I'd give them a call and at least explain that you're disappointed, and see if they do anything. Maybe they have additional balls that Bench signed and can replace them.

I have to agree. For some reason when the word charity is attached the people running the signing seem to think that means the quality can be terrible but because "it's for a good cause" if you complain they try to make you look like a jerk.

Sadly because of this I now only participate in charity signings if I am there in person. Charity or not when you spend money for something you are only being logical to expect to get what is advertised in a good condition. If one ball was smeared that would be bad, but for both to be ruined there is no excuse.

mulliganman

Premier Member
Credits
I got my 2 balls today in the mail, kinda disapointed.. both balls are smeared a bit.. i know its for a good cause so i dont mind but wish I could have gotten 2 crisp sig's!

I'm curious. Did you give any specific instructions about type of pen when you ordered? I haven't gotten mine yet but I said blue ballpoint. Wondering if I can expect the same results.

freshinkgraphs

Lifetime Member
Credits
Johnny Bench

I'm curious. Did you give any specific instructions about type of pen when you ordered? I haven't gotten mine yet but I said blue ballpoint. Wondering if I can expect the same results.

I personally requested blue ballpoint for my (3) OMLB's VIA TELEPHONE when I paid, I'm sure Johnny had some say in what pens he was signing with as well, much like when celebs/athletes appear to functions worldwide, they request certain drinks, snacks, protocol, etc.

As far as shipment went, I just called them directly right now, all items were shipped Oct. 26 (Tues) via USPS Priority Mail, w/o delivery confirmation, due to the fact that they wanted to save money. They were initially planning to ship everything UPS, but decided not to because of costs. They have no way to track whether our items get to us or not, due to the fact that there are no tracking #'s but she told me indeed they were shipped this Tuesday.

cianfroccoj

Lifetime Member
Credits
P8220027.jpg

P8220031.jpg

these pictures actually look a little better than in person..not real bad but still bothers me a little

cianfroccoj

Lifetime Member
Credits
cant even tell the bottom ball is messed up in this pic.. youd have to see it in person

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
considering the tool that is johnny bench, i can't say i'm surprised. you'd poop your pants when you saw the item of mine that he ruined