rays fan fest

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
Ok. Thanks. I guess I will just bring something for everyone then.

NickHanson

Premier Member
Website
www.fenway-south.com
Credits
How will the Fan Fest affect the first day of ST? Pitchers and catchers are supposed to report on the 14th, are they going to be in Port Charlotte or are they reporting in St. Pete and then heading to the Fan Fest?

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
All they are going to do the 1st day is weigh in and take a drug test then drive to the Fanfest. They might be at the new complex early in the morning for a total of 45 minutes and might workout if they dont have to attend the Fanfest or might just take the test at the Trop. That why the signing peroid does not start to 12 PM. Actually, thats why some players are always late for the 1st signing period

NickHanson

Premier Member
Website
www.fenway-south.com
Credits
All they are going to do the 1st day is weigh in and take a drug test then drive to the Fanfest. They might be at the new complex early in the morning for a total of 45 minutes and might workout if they dont have to attend the Fanfest or might just take the test at the Trop. That why the signing peroid does not start to 12 PM. Actually, thats why some players are always late for the 1st signing period

Ah okay. I'll just have to get there at like 8 AM and try to get the guys as they go in.

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
Yep.

Every pitcher on the 40 man roster and non-roster invitee has to report for that drug test or they cant work out the next day. So peeps like Derek Rodriguez, Michel Hernandez, and Jeremy Cummings will probably stay longer and not go to Fanfest.

NickHanson

Premier Member
Website
www.fenway-south.com
Credits
Yep.

Every pitcher on the 40 man roster and non-roster invitee has to report for that drug test or they cant work out the next day. So peeps like Derek Rodriguez, Michel Hernandez, and Jeremy Cummings will probably stay longer and not go to Fanfest.

Sounds good dude. You gonna be in Port Charlotte on Feb. 14?

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
Nope, I am going to Fanfest and then going to the Blue Jays 1st reporting day on the 15th then down to the Rays on the 16th.

I dont think you will see the Rays minor leaguers report any earlier then they have to do unless they are up North and need warmer weather to get ready. The players are having to pay out of pocket this year if they report early. The Rays are having housing problems for the minor league players and players that report early will be staying out of town. They will be seeking host families shortly.

NickHanson

Premier Member
Website
www.fenway-south.com
Credits
Nope, I am going to Fanfest and then going to the Blue Jays 1st reporting day on the 15th then down to the Rays on the 16th.

I dont think you will see the Rays minor leaguers report any earlier then they have to do unless they are up North and need warmer weather to get ready. The players are having to pay out of pocket this year if they report early. The Rays are having housing problems for the minor league players and players that report early will be staying out of town. They will be seeking host families shortly.

That sucks, but I'm not surprised. I will have plenty of major league stuff to get signed before I need to worry about minor leaguers, lol.

I'm not surprised they are having housing problems at all. There is only one "major" hotel in Port Charlotte, there aren't many places other than there to stay.

I will be there all three days (Feb. 14, 15, 16).

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
I may be there on the 16th as well, unless I try Yankees camp and Lightning practice instead.

StevesBaseballAutos

Charter Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
Speaking of which... Will they post a list of who will be there or is it kind of a guessing game?

last year they posted list of who will be there on rays.com a day or two before fanfest.

basically everybody on the 40-man & non-roster invites.

there also is a handfull a former guys that have attened, mostly local guys like Mark Whitten & Jeff Torborg were there last year