Frank Thomas Free?

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
State Farm's display at the Auto Show this weekend will have Frank Thomas. I think it's Saturday from 2-3:30. They've brought in Sandberg and Bill Walton in the past with no autograph restrictions on items. Not sure if Frank would have any

nelfox02

Premier Member
Credits
I will be attending this with fingers crossed.......Frank was just at SoxFest and they enforced the pre printed photo only rule however I know that Frank signed for more than a few people (any item) after one of his seminars during the Fest....so not sure what to expect here.

Like I said fingers crossed. I heard that last year Forte was there and they were saying that he would only be signing a pre print card, but then again Matt Forte is not Frank Thomas

SoBrave

Charter Member
Credits
I wish there was a way to call and figure these things out. They are having Kane and Toews together one day at the Auto Show. If it was any item I would easily go down there when it opened and get something signed. I guess we have no way of knowing except exchanging a bunch of emails with corporate who will have no clue at all

salty99

Premier Member
Credits
I just heard a strong rumor Kane/Toews are only signing 5x7's from Chevy.

nelfox02

Premier Member
Credits
I would be shocked if they dont announce that Frank is only able to sign pre printed cards----the question will be if that policy holds up or not.......

salty99

Premier Member
Credits
It is now being reported that the everyone at the Chevy booth is 5x7's only.

SoBrave

Charter Member
Credits
Yeah saw that on CSAC. Frank Thomas still does not have any restrictions though...one can hope

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
I emailed the auto show people trying to get a definite answer on this. I will post what I get back. I also find it hard to believe Frank will sign any item, but they had Ryne Sandberg 2 years ago and Forte last year and both signed outside items. So it is possible. And I got the same email, all the blackhawks at the chevy display are signing the 5x7 promo cards.

Laurens

Founding Member
Credits
At the State Farm booth at the 2010 All-Star Fan Fest, players [i.e. Tony Gwynn] were only signing a glossy 8x10 with the State Farm logo - wouldn't be surprised if they are having Thomas sign a similar glossy 8x10.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Gun to my head I'd say that there will be no restrictions other than 1 per. That's based on how State Farm handled their last few signers, but I think it's really up to player/agent> Even at these events the staff is usually clueless so nobody may know until nearly 2 pm