FOOTBALL AGENT - JOSH LUCHS - SI COVER

jdub19999

Premier Member
Credits
It may be an NCAA violation but if the NCAA looked out for the athletes instead of themselves this wouldn't be a problem. There is no bigger pimp then the NCAA.

SI KING

Lifetime Member & Site Sponsor
Website
www.sikingcollection.com
Credits
You are all correct... except Johnny Bench at $20 bucks. I am offered Bench wholesale at $45 and retail at shows he's $65. If you see it at $20? Run the other way.

Agree that the agent is not breaking any laws by offering kids money. NCAA rules are not US Law. It's a shame for both sides. Agents ruin things by leading kids to the water, but the kids are also seeking the money and taking it. Both sides are to blame, but we all know the NCAA makes millions and millions off selling kids jerseys (in football for the most part). I can't disagree with either side...

The agent will probably answer his mail for free in a few years I bet... like anyone who's star fades over time... but right now he's hot and he's asked for a high dollar amount. I have 43 items in already for people who just need the cover signed for their SI collections. I'm just the middle man getting the job done for everyone who doesnt have th etime to do it...not a lot of money in the big picture. GOOD POINTS TO EVERYONE :)

Last edited:

SI KING

Lifetime Member & Site Sponsor
Website
www.sikingcollection.com
Credits
Understandable at his own museum, for his own purpose, but most often he's much higher priced at shows and mail order around the country... I'm sure you'll agree. The $20 is the first time I have seen him that low. Was it just for people who showed at his museum, or did they allow mail order from all over the country? Would have been a steal if they did :) Thanks for letting me know.

jbk150

Founding Member
Credits
I only do face to face for my autos, but in NYC, nobody is ever less than $25 unless they're free (which is close to never).

As for morality, that discussion belongs on a different thread on the board. Then again, I'd get OJ, Ty Cobb, Bonds, Clemens, or anyone else on an SI cover if I could. Just me personally.

Strange cover story during a busy sports time, I agree.

greedy19

Lifetime Member
Credits
I've also read some mishaps with the whole Bench thing. Our country feeds off this sort of stuff (the agent, etc). It's really no different than all the Kate Gosselin news over time. Good for you guys that get to knock a cover out right away.