Flyers Wives Carnival: Sunday February 27, 2011

jake533

Premier Member
Credits
Just seeing who is going to this.

I have autograph tickets for Pronger, Richards, Carter, Giroux & Bobrovsky.

Maybe someone can answer this for me, last year I went to Carnival, 1st time in about 20 years & I thought I heard you can get 2 autographs per ticket. Also on the lesser know guys too spaced around the Fargo Center. Can someone help on this.

NHLFan

Lifetime Member
Credits
I'll be there

Just seeing who is going to this.

I have autograph tickets for Pronger, Richards, Carter, Giroux & Bobrovsky.

Maybe someone can answer this for me, last year I went to Carnival, 1st time in about 20 years & I thought I heard you can get 2 autographs per ticket. Also on the lesser know guys too spaced around the Fargo Center. Can someone help on this.

You don't get any autos for the ticket itself, just admission. Since it's a charity event, the guys that aren't on the 'presell' list will be set up (usually in groups of 2) throughout the arena. They hand the map out on the way in, or if you get there early, they hand them out while you're outside waiting to get in. Last year I think was $10 for both players if I remember correctly. If I didn't need one of the guys, I asked if I could get 2 from the other and usually they said ok. The alumni area is typically packed the whole time. I think they do a flat price for all of them, but I've stayed clear of it for the last few years. I've typically gotten about 12 guys in addition to my presells each year. With the cup run of last year, it'll be interesting to see if the crowd is bigger. The lines are long, but they are organized.

And no, I'm not taking requests for this event.

DHornung

Premier Member
Credits
Last year I think was $10 for both players if I remember correctly. If I didn't need one of the guys, I asked if I could get 2 from the other and usually they said ok. The alumni area is typically packed the whole time. I think they do a flat price for all of them, but I've stayed clear of it for the last few years.

Wow! You got ripped off. I didn't pay a dime for the non-presell guys nor did I see anyone around me paying money.

The alumni section was a $20 flat fee last year. There were about 15 alumni players at the table and you could get 2 per. The players off the top of my head I remember were Clarke, Parent, Schultz, Kelly, Clement, Watson. The line was long but definitely worth the wait. If you want to go to the alumni section, I recommend getting the early admission ticket. Some of the guys at the table leave to go do other activities, like Bernie left after about an hour to go do the "shots on goal" activity.

I might be willing to do 50/50 for this, depending on the item and player. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

slitz

Premier Member
Credits
i'm going too. yeah, 2 per for each guy. have pre sells for pronger and carter. willing to trade/buy if anyone has an extra richards

NHLFan

Lifetime Member
Credits
Wow! You got ripped off. I didn't pay a dime for the non-presell guys nor did I see anyone around me paying money.
Are you sure you're not confusing the "Meet the Team Night" with the Carnival? The Carnival is definitely pay per station (that's how they raise money). Right before the players, there's a person collecting money and another handing you tickets. At each player is another person to collect your ticket.

If you're not confusing the two, then I hope you enjoy "ripping off" a charity event. The event raises over a million dollars a year. I'll gladly hand over money for that.

The "Meet the Team Night" is free for season ticket holders and there are no charges for anything. Although, you have to go from station to station and last time I went, that meant doing laps of the arena.

DHornung

Premier Member
Credits
No, I'm definitely talking about the Carnival. I don't know what stations you are talking about, but I just walked around the concourse to the different activities (like last year they had the guitar hero station, wii boxing station, and many others). Each station had two players. While one player played a fan, the other watched from the side. Me along with 100 other people would walk up and get the guy who was not playing at the time. No one asked for money and the player kindly signed for everyone until he had to play or leave for his next activity. Don't try to make me look like a bad person who is ripping off a charity. I donated plenty of money in the form of 4 admission tickets, grab bags, alumni zone, presell autograph tickets and raffles.

slitz

Premier Member
Credits
you are both right. if a guy was playing a game, you could get him while he wasnt playing. but alot of guys dont play the games, they just sit in a section and people pay for their graph.

last year cote and asham were playing wii boxing and so many were waiting for their graph that a staff member made everyone form a line and pay

jake533

Premier Member
Credits
i'm going too. yeah, 2 per for each guy. have pre sells for pronger and carter. willing to trade/buy if anyone has an extra richards
Is that for guys like Pronger & Richards too?

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
I have pre-sells for Richards, Carter, and Pronger. Each ticket will get you two items signed, and I confirmed it with the person running the facebook page. I have open spaces for Richards and Carter at the moment. If anybody wants to buy into those, let me know. Otherwise I am filling them with 16x20s.

Typically, the non-pre-sells are $15 each for two autographs.

And also guys, THIS IS A CHARITY EVENT! If you are supposed to pay for an autograph, then pay for it. Don't find ways to skirt around it. The money is going to fight Leukemia.