Bernie Williams

Captian23

Founding Member
Credits
Well it figures, Bernie Williams is finally doing a show and A- I can't afford the autograph ($169) and b- the item I need (a poster with Jeter and Pettite already on it) is too big!

yanksfan1

Lifetime Member
Credits
I gotta agree..i never thought I would see him do a public signing. he's one of my favorite players and I can't even go...well I shouldn't say that. I can go If I want, but I'm not going to spend close to 200 bucks on him...this sucks

jbsouth

Founding Member
Credits
Supply and demand. They will have no problem selling a ton at that price.

He made $103 Million in his career. Any player who made more than $100 million is probably going to be pretty expensive to bring in. It's not like the old-timers who actually needed the money to augment their meager earnings from playing before the free agent era.

Unless they've managed their money poorly, most of today's players have no need to sign autographs at shows. Most don't like to do it, and thus, may grudgingly do it-- but I'm sure the going rate will be $150-$250. If people decide not to pay it, then the players won't do it. They're not going to take a lower price because they don't have to. Even if they get $50,000 for a two hour appearance, that's a drop in the bucket when your career earnings are $100 Million +

yanksfan1

Lifetime Member
Credits
I agree they will sell a lot of tickets. its just that I'm not going to be one of them...i know a few who are getting him on multiple items.

vegas_guy

Lifetime Member
Credits
I agree they will sell a lot of tickets. its just that I'm not going to be one of them...i know a few who are getting him on multiple items.

Bernie Williams? Is that the dead guy in the movies that they are always moving around?

bmac415

Lifetime Member
Credits
damn thats hella..u can get randy johnson at tristar for cheaper than that

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
bernie

if bernie's recording career were more successful then maybe he wouldn't charge so much to sign?????