2006 MLB Fan Fests

kmac01523

Credits
tummy34 said:
Tips.....bring a suitcase with rollers, a book or two and a chair.

Last year in the Beckett magazine the guys who write the IP baseball article said that instead of going to the fanfest they waited outside the player's hotel, and got a few graphs, including a real surprise in Guerrero. Has anyone here who has gone to the All-Star game tried waiting outside the hotel? If so, how were your results?
Thanks, Kevin

buccopride

Lifetime Member
Website
www.przins.com
Credits
Got this off the web...Cubs Convention is next weekend. Should be a mad house since the Bears have a playoff game that weekend. I did really well last year...list should change by 5 to 10 names. I will make sure to bring a seat and a mp3 player....the lines are always an hour or two
think i got about 130 autos last year

Attendees:
Paul Assenmacher
Dusty Baker
Ernie Banks
Michael Barrett
Glenn Beckert
Mike Bielecki
Jose Cardenal
Gene Clines
Doug Dascenzo
Jody Davis
Andre Dawson
Ryan Dempster
Bob Dernier
Scott Eyre
Jim Hendry
Gene Hiser
Burt Hooton
Pat Hughes
Fergie Jenkins
Jay Johnstone
Len Kasper (Brenly not on list)
Dave Kingman
Juan Lopez
Andy macFAIL
Bill Madlock
Sarge Matthews
Mickey Morandini
Matt Murton
Gene Oliver
Dave Otto!
Andy Pafko
Milt Pappas
Juan Pierre
Dan Plesac
#### Pole
Mark Prior
Larry Rothschild
Ryno
Santo
Lee Smith
Tim Stoddard
Rick Sutcliffe
Gary Varsho
Billy Williams
Jerome Williams
Michael Wuertz
Carlos Zambrano

buccopride

Lifetime Member
Website
www.przins.com
Credits
list of participants oriolesfest

about the same as in years past
nice to see them finally add the minor league players!!!!!

should be able to a get 100 autos on saturday

More than 50 current, former and future Orioles players and coaches will participate in Orioles FanFest 2006, scheduled for this Saturday, January 7 at the Baltimore Convention Center. Players and coaches will sign autographs, pose for photos and participate in fan forums at the event, which is scheduled from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with a special early admittance to all season plan holders at 9:00 a.m.
Current players scheduled to attend include TIM BYRDAK, DANIEL CABRERA, BRUCE CHEN, ERIC DUBOSE, JAY GIBBONS, CHRIS GOMEZ, LUIS MATOS, MELVIN MORA, DAVID NEWHAN, JOHN PARRISH, AARON RAKERS, CHRIS RAY, BRIAN ROBERTS, ELI WHITESIDE and WALTER YOUNG. Manager SAM PERLOZZO and coaches DAVE CASH, TERRY CROWLEY, RICK DEMPSEY, LEE ELIA, LEO MAZZONE and TOM TREBELHORN will also participate.

This year marks the 40th anniversary of the Orioles' first World Series championship, in 1966 over the Los Angeles Dodgers. Team members PAUL BLAIR, MOE DRABOWSKY, ANDY ETCHEBARREN, LARRY HANEY, DICK HALL, JOHN MILLER, JIM PALMER, TOM PHOEBUS and BOOG POWELL will participate in a fan forum at FanFest to discuss their memories of the event.

A number of other former Orioles will sign autographs and participate in clinics. Former players scheduled to appear include AL BUMBRY, LEO GOMEZ, ROSS GRIMSLEY, DAVE JOHNSON, TIPPY MARTINEZ, SCOTT McGREGOR, CURT MOTTON, TIM NORDBROOK, LARRY SHEETS, KEN SINGLETON and BILL SWAGGERTY.

Future Orioles BRANDON FAHEY, BRIAN FINCH, JEFF FIORENTINO, JAMES JOHNSON, RYAN KEEFER, ADAM LOEWEN, JOHN MAINE, NICK MARKAKIS and HAYDEN PENN will also sign autographs and participate in fan forums at FanFest.

In addition to player appearances, FanFest will also feature question and answer forums with front office staff and media; interactive games; clinics for children on a youth-sized baseball field; memorabilia dealers and the opportunity to apply for seasonal employment with the organization. Individual game tickets for the 2006 season will go on sale at 10:00 a.m. through the Orioles' website, www.orioles.com, or via phone, 1-888-848-BIRD.

A complete list of FanFest activities, including autograph and photo session policies, will be available at www.orioles.com beginning Friday afternoon.

Tickets for FanFest are $10 for adults and $5 for children 12 and under and those over 55 and are available at the Orioles offices, by calling the Orioles at 1-888-848-BIRD, online at www.orioles.com and at the Orioles team stores in York, PA and Washington, DC. On the day of the event, FanFest tickets will be sold at the Convention Center and the Orioles Box Office. Free parking for all fans is available in Lot B/C.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
I would check the orioles website now for the update to the autograph lines. According to what is posted there will be 2 lines running continuoisly all day. Players, coaches etc will appear at different times which are to be UNANNOUNCED. In other words you get in the line and whoever is at the table when you get there is who you get. This is to cut down on people creating other lines before the "star player" appears. Sounds even more confusing than before. Good luck to anyone planning on getting ALOT of autographs. It does say you can get in line as many times as you want however. Should be interesting!

felixfan59

Charter Member
Credits
do any of u know any of the signers at the mariners ff besides kenji felix and jeremy?

sugarcult2

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
Miggyt4mvp said:
wow the Orioles fan fest today was CRAZY! I waited in 2 lines for a total of 4 hrs and I got a total of 18 sigs.

that sucks man. i had planned to go today but have been out of town for a few days for a funeral. glad i didn't go after all