2006 MLB Fan Fests

gonyk88

Credits
Does anyone know if either the Dodgers or the Padres will be having fanfests? Thanks!

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
I went to the All Star one, it was a while back in 99. I remember coming home with a good sized bag full of game used cards and some All Star Promo's that are pretty highly valued now.

If anyone is in the town of the All Star Game, I highly reccomend going. It is worth the price of admission, tons of giveaways and cards, and autographs.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Oriole Fan Fest
Jan 7 2006
10:00 to 6:00
Baltimore Convention center
tickets 10$ adults, 5$ kids

bryan

Credits
Hoffy814 said:
I went to the All Star one, it was a while back in 99. I remember coming home with a good sized bag full of game used cards and some All Star Promo's that are pretty highly valued now.

If anyone is in the town of the All Star Game, I highly reccomend going. It is worth the price of admission, tons of giveaways and cards, and autographs.
i will be going 2 days this year to the all star fan fest and if anyone has any tips on how to be successful getting good autographs and cards plmk thx

also i am sorry but i will not be able to do 50/50s for this event

big_r

Premier Member
Website
www.bigrsautograph.com
Credits
The Orioles fanfest has been going down hill. I've gone every year since 99 , and will be going again on January 7th, but it keeps getting smaller and smaller. It used to be two days with an entire exhibition hall full of dealers. Now there's probably 10-15 tables of memoribilia dealers and I couldn't even find cards last year. Its only really worth it if you're a season ticket holder. I've had a season ticket plan for 4 years and each year holders get to go in 1/2-a full hour earlier for a special signing. Last year it was Javy Lopez, and the year before it was Palmeiro. This is great because its a short line and its guaranteed, and you get to stake out your spot for the next person that signs when the gates open to the public. But after that its not worth the wait in line.
One of the worst things is that Tejada hasn't been there, and probably won't be this year. He has the worst autograph on the team and it would be nice to be able to get him when he's sitting down and not rushing like at the ballpark. He has ruined plenty of photos or cards of mine and my buddy's because he rushes or uses bad pens, and I would love to get him at a signing. I guess I'll have to settle for Javy, Mora, or Roberts or whoever else is early this year.

bryan

Credits
big_r said:
The Orioles fanfest has been going down hill. I've gone every year since 99 , and will be going again on January 7th, but it keeps getting smaller and smaller. It used to be two days with an entire exhibition hall full of dealers. Now there's probably 10-15 tables of memoribilia dealers and I couldn't even find cards last year. Its only really worth it if you're a season ticket holder. I've had a season ticket plan for 4 years and each year holders get to go in 1/2-a full hour earlier for a special signing. Last year it was Javy Lopez, and the year before it was Palmeiro. This is great because its a short line and its guaranteed, and you get to stake out your spot for the next person that signs when the gates open to the public. But after that its not worth the wait in line.
One of the worst things is that Tejada hasn't been there, and probably won't be this year. He has the worst autograph on the team and it would be nice to be able to get him when he's sitting down and not rushing like at the ballpark. He has ruined plenty of photos or cards of mine and my buddy's because he rushes or uses bad pens, and I would love to get him at a signing. I guess I'll have to settle for Javy, Mora, or Roberts or whoever else is early this year.
i dont understand why players rush their signature if they dont rush it the signature will take like 5 seconds longer then if it was rushed and if you sign ten autographs that arent rushed it will be like only 50 seconds longer than if you rushed. I know that i should be thankful to them for even signing but if they rush sometimes i wish that they hadnt signed the card at all so that i could get them to sign it when they wont rush it. To me no auto is better than auto that is rushed and terrible

tummy34

Founding Member
Credits
bryan said:
i will be going 2 days this year to the all star fan fest and if anyone has any tips on how to be successful getting good autographs and cards plmk thx

also i am sorry but i will not be able to do 50/50s for this event

Tips.....bring a suitcase with rollers, a book or two and a chair.