Opening day in St Louis

Laws

Founding Member
Credits
I am sure all of the local HOFers will be there, Stan, Red, Ozzie, Lou, Gibson, along with Whitey Herzog, Bob Forsch, Danny Cox, Jack Clark as they are all living in the St. Louis area witht he exception of Gibson. I wish you luck though because I don't know the layout of the new stadium, but my guess is they will make it even less accessible to players than the old Busch.

CorndogPGA

Founding Member
Credits
I live in St. Louis and haven't heard anything yet. If you're here going for autographs don't even bother trying to get the Cardinals. They are one of the worst teams IP in the league. However Milwaukee is one of the top 2 or 3.

kc-kufan

Website
photos.yahoo.com
Credits
CorndogPGA said:
I live in St. Louis and haven't heard anything yet. If you're here going for autographs don't even bother trying to get the Cardinals. They are one of the worst teams IP in the league. However Milwaukee is one of the top 2 or 3.

Yes and the Brew Crew are up coming with a lot of potential. I hear they stay at the hotel right across from the park--in fact I hear all the teams stay there.

kc-kufan

Website
photos.yahoo.com
Credits
Laws said:
I am sure all of the local HOFers will be there, Stan, Red, Ozzie, Lou, Gibson, along with Whitey Herzog, Bob Forsch, Danny Cox, Jack Clark as they are all living in the St. Louis area witht he exception of Gibson. I wish you luck though because I don't know the layout of the new stadium, but my guess is they will make it even less accessible to players than the old Busch.

I figured maybe the locals would be there and was also afraid that there would be no access. Oh well, what can you do?

Laws

Founding Member
Credits
Not all teams stay across from the Stadium, but some do..... Some teams have their favorites. One note however is some teams stay at Union Station (which is the former train station that is now a mall) They are really strict at the hotel in the mall about getting graphs, but you might find some players walking around in the mall part. I was able to get Austin Kearns and Gookie Dawkins this way a few years back. Also I saw Jose Cardenal and Ron Oester but didn't have anything for them to sign at the time.

kc-kufan

Website
photos.yahoo.com
Credits
TheMasta said:
How did you get that A-Rod batting glove?

He threw it into the stands in Kansas City last year. He actually threw 2 of them and I caught one. The only problem was that another person caught it too and so their was a brief struggle over it. Needless to say, I ended up with it. The only thing that bothered me was the other person and a friend starting talking about how stingy some people were--referring to me obviously, and they had already got a jersey signed by Jason Giambi. They were the only people he signed for. Tell me who is stingy.

AbreuFan53

H-Burg Fry King
Website
photobucket.com
Credits
hey as long as you got it I'd say they are just a little bitter about it. i just woulda held up the glove and been like "Who ended up with it"

kc-kufan

Website
photos.yahoo.com
Credits
AbreuFan53 said:
hey as long as you got it I'd say they are just a little bitter about it. i just woulda held up the glove and been like "Who ended up with it"

I didn't really care. I had my 9 year old son with me and I didn't want the people to start any trouble. I just walked away and didn't really say anything.