All-Star Game Fan Fest - St. Louis

jeremyp4

Lifetime Member
Credits
Does anyone know the "lineup" of people who will be signing at the Fan Fest in St. Louis for the All-Star game? On the official website it says that there will be many former players and HOFers signing there - some for free - but I have yet to see any further info (like WHO will actually be there).

Anybody have any info to share?

jeremyp4

Lifetime Member
Credits
Thanks. Looks like they had a pretty good lineup last year. Do a lot of the better names sign for a fee, like at the HOF induction stuff?

I think they ususally publish a list about a week before the actual event. The link below that shows the schedule for last year. It's pretty safe to say this year will have a similar list of HOFers with a few ex-Cardinals mixed in.

DHL All Star Fanfest Info

moe.

tazdmb

Founding Member
Credits
Usually, there is no fee for any of the autographs at fanfest, except when players like Ripken set up a booth and make you buy something for them to sign.

However, i see this year mab is doing a show to correspond with the game.

www.mab-celebrity.com

jeremyp4

Lifetime Member
Credits
Would anyone know why tickets are being sold for specific times (ex. 9:00am, 10:00am and so on) for admission to the fanfest? I was under the impression that tickets allowed admission for the entire day.

detroitfan84

Lifetime Member
Credits
They do a timed entry tickets to try to control the number of people entering the fanfest at any given time. That's why it's best to buy your tickets early, so you can get the earliest entry time. I suggest getting there a at least a couple hours before the gates open to wait in line. When I went several years ago, people would sprint to the autograph stage once the gates open to get in early position. This would increase the chance of you getting through the line for each player. The didn't allow bats when I went before, but you might want to check with them if you were thinking about bringing bats. The fanfest is best to do with one or two other people, so one person can hold your place in line, while the others can walk around and get autographs of various players and celebrities who show up and do radio interviews or appearances.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Yeah no bats the year the AS game was in Chicago at the Cell. I had a bad draw the year I went, I got Ralph Branca and Tommy John and the later sessions were actually worse. It seems some sites put together a stronger lineup though

klinger

Premier Member
Credits
I live in St. Louis and was curious about how Fanfest works. Are all the players who are listed to sign there the whole time? Do you get in line for one person at a time or one line for all the players? Does it function like a show where you get in line and wait? There will be certain players I will definitely target. I thought about going multiple days but didn't know if I would have to stay all day.

Also, it sounds like there are current players walking around as well. Sounds like I need to bring a tons of balls. What is the policy for signing? One per person?

detroitfan84

Lifetime Member
Credits
Its been awhile since I went to fanfest, so maybe someone else can chime in if there have been changes recently. In the past, there would be a stage where one to two players would sign for about an hour or so. It is not announced ahead of time who is signing at what time. When you get through the line and get your autograph, you get back to the end of the line. Most of the days I was able to get all of the people signing, but if the lines are long and there are a lot of people, you may not be able to get all of the players. It is strictly one autograph per person.
Depending on how strict the volunteers there were watching the lines, there was a lot of cutting in line, especially when a "good" player came out to sign.
During the second day I was there, someone got the lineup and times somehow. I don't know if someone talked to security or not, but that information made its way around the people waiting in line. The list wasn't completely accurate though.
In the past, ESPN did a live radio show during the fanfest, and different players would go through and interview. This info is usually posted on the fanfest website.