LeBron James signingshotline??

alejandro clemente

Premier Member
Credits
That is a ridiculous scare tactic. You cannot cut and paste their stuff, as that would be a copyright violation. But you can tell anybody you care to whatever information you learned by viewing the page. Once you pay for information, you can do whatever the hell you want with it, regardless of the wishes of the person who gave you the information.

For example, I cannot go online and cut and paste Stephen King's new book for everyone to read. That violates his copyright. But I can tell everybody what happens in the book after I read it. Its information I purchased and I can do what I want with it.

So, while you can't cut and paste a piece of their website you CAN say Lebron James is going to be _____ on _______. As an attorney I would love to post it myself just to laugh at their threat, but I don't belong to that site and have no clue where Lebron is going to be.

vegas_guy

Lifetime Member
Credits
Ok lawyer, then here is a question.
If they make click a box that says you agree not to post their information on any other website in order to be a member, then can they still get you if you blatantly say that you got it from their website? I for one don't care because like I have said in the past, I find out about all the signings here way before they do.
That is a ridiculous scare tactic. You cannot cut and paste their stuff, as that would be a copyright violation. But you can tell anybody you care to whatever information you learned by viewing the page. Once you pay for information, you can do whatever the hell you want with it, regardless of the wishes of the person who gave you the information.

For example, I cannot go online and cut and paste Stephen King's new book for everyone to read. That violates his copyright. But I can tell everybody what happens in the book after I read it. Its information I purchased and I can do what I want with it.

So, while you can't cut and paste a piece of their website you CAN say Lebron James is going to be _____ on _______. As an attorney I would love to post it myself just to laugh at their threat, but I don't belong to that site and have no clue where Lebron is going to be.

BleedingBlue

Premier Member
Credits
That's a good question and was wondering that myself. If you sign up, agree to their terms and conditions, would you actually be liable for that $1000 or is just a scare tactic?

alejandro clemente

Premier Member
Credits
It is a scare tactic. These computer terms and conditions boxes are nonsense. Although, as I said before I would not recommened anybody cutting and pasting anything from their website. That is coyright infringement. But dispersing information is entirely different. Either way, it doesnt matter to me. Its a rather ineffective threat since there are a million avenues around it, such as sending an email, instant message, pm etc.
Same baic thing with Espn Insider. I have a subscription. Doesn't stop me from telling my friends the "insider only" info I read in it.

jrichordieflyin

Premier Member
Credits
I'm going to be in New York when this signing is taking place. Does anybody have more info?