Holy Grail of Autographing............

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
dd316 said:
I thought you were going to say Babe Ruth's ghost will be signing. I don't think the Portland Sea Dogs team is the Holy Grail. :D

It isn't the holy grail with what your are talking about; but it is the holy grail type event, where the whole 2006 team will be there and they have to sign autographs.

EDIT: For $18 I don't think you could find an event as cheap as that for the quality of autographing that you will be able to do.........

sugarcult2

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
sprtsstar4ever said:
It isn't the holy grail with what your are talking about; but it is the holy grail type event, where the whole 2006 team will be there and they have to sign autographs.

EDIT: For $18 I don't think you could find an event as cheap as that for the quality of autographing that you will be able to do.........

Agreed. It does sound nice though

elpasodiablos

Lifetime Member
Credits
sprtsstar4ever said:

What, Portland isn't a good signing team?

Bensontim

Premier Member
Credits
sprtsstar4ever said:

Well lets see a typical minor league game ticket is about $6 and there are two teams there. I would have to say I could find an event that is cheaper and better. A typical minor league spring training facility is free and there are upward of 150 players and coaches there. So if you live in Florida or Arizona that is a better deal as well. I typically don't have problems getting autographs at either.

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
I see what he means about graphing at the dinner but I don't see it as the holy grail. There are alot of teams that hold these meet-the-team type dinners before the season starts so its not like its uncommon. I would think that an event where there are many more players etc etc would be considered the holy grail...more like spring training or something?

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
These autographs are guarenteed though. You aren't guarenteed any autographs when you go to Spring Training or a regular minor league game.

GraphingAddict

Lifetime Member
Credits
I think this is a nice idea and it would be a fun event....but if it were a major league team then it would be the holy grail!