Great Autograph events for Canadians

GraphingAddict

Lifetime Member
Credits
There are 2 great events that I always go to.

1) The Welcome Back Blue Jays Charity Luncheon....great event....huge autograph session with all the players and coaches minus that days starter (Josh Towers last year but who really cares!!!) I came home with over 64 autographs including a team signed jersey and ball, single signed balls of Hudson, Halladay, Russ Adams, Vernon Wells and an autograph ticket of a game 3 years ago when Halladay won his 20th game I believe...

2) Fergie Jenkins Charity Golf Tourney, Fishing Derby and Wine and Cheese Gala.... the Wine and Cheese Gala is only $25 and another $10 for charity to get auto's.....

Some great people show up to this....last year I met Willie Wilson, Chuck Hinton, Mudcat Grant, Rick Miller, Jon Warden, Reggie Jackson, Pierre Pilote, Bobby Bell (NFL HOF), Fergie Jenkins, Walter Gretzky, Johnny Bower, Al Downing, Jimmy Wynn, Dill North, George Chuvalo, a bunch of CFL HOFers, Bruce Hood and Ron Wicks (NHL HOF referees), plus many more that I can't remember off the top of my head....others who were invited but didn't make the gala but made it to the golf tourney: Kelly Gruber, Paul Molitor, Dave Concepcion, Mike Cuellar.....Guys who didn't show up or cancelled at the last minute: Tom Seaver, Vida Blue and unfortunately Johnny Bower who's wife had a stroke 2 days before.

GraphingAddict

Lifetime Member
Credits
buccopride said:
Let me know if you would like to 50/50 for this year event

Sorry....i'm kind of new...but what do you mean by 50/50???

sugarcult2

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
GraphingAddict said:
Sorry....i'm kind of new...but what do you mean by 50/50???

It's where he would send you (for example) 10 cards of roy halladay. You would get 5 of them signed for him and after doing so, you would keep the other 5 for yourself.

GraphingAddict

Lifetime Member
Credits
sugarcult2 said:
It's where he would send you (for example) 10 cards of roy halladay. You would get 5 of them signed for him and after doing so, you would keep the other 5 for yourself.

Oh okay....

Well, I could try...but I'm the type of person who would get no more than 4 auto's.....My fiancee is a great side kick when it comes to getting autographs...problem is players always remember the hot chick, but the don't remember the Joe Schmo like me!

My big targets this year are: Troy Glaus, BJ Ryan, Roy Halladay, Aaron Hill and Lyle Overbay....but if the Jays get Bengie Molina too I'll be happy!

GraphingAddict

Lifetime Member
Credits
jdavidson21 said:
Can you provide anymore details about the charity lunch event? It sounds great.

You have to contact the Blue Jays...it's on April 4th I believe and it costs $100 per ticket $150 for VIP