Fiterman Sports Show - Thanksgiving Weekend

tazdmb

Founding Member
Credits
Nope. He signed for $20 at the Houston National in the early 1990s.

Correct, he and Jeff Bagwell were at the 1994 National and the George R. Brown convention center, was able to get Bagwell before he and Hakeem sold out. I distinctly remember everyone had long lines EXCEPT Mickey Mantle, who wanted $85!!!!! (unheard of, as he was with UD by then) There was no line for him. I kick myself whenever I think about passing this up and said to myself I will never not got an autograph of a player of that quality just because of price.

Hot Buttered Dustin

Premier Member
Credits
The part that sucks about the Hakeem thing is he did a private signing with I think the same company and it was 75.00..... a couple months later and it's 25.00 more.. :(

Credits
The part that sucks about the Hakeem thing is he did a private signing with I think the same company and it was 75.00..... a couple months later and it's 25.00 more.. :(

That's because it is a public signing this time, and he charges us almost double for that (as do most players)...

It's a lot easier for an athlete to knock out a bunch of autographs in the privacy of his hotel room with his headphones on than it is to travel to a show, interact with fans, take pictures, and do the same number of items. Almost all athletes will give a discount on a private signing as it is easier on them.

beastinbigal

Premier Member
Credits
Heard there was a problem with the Tyson mail order situation. Apparently he "bit more than he could chew".

greatsacman

Lifetime Member
Credits
What's up with changing prices of trunks and screwing over a friend of yours Fiterman? Especially when you said he could get his 60 pieces in?

Waiting an explanation ........