Chicago Blackhawks Convention 2009

H-TownSuns

Founding Member
Credits
The Caps are trying to mimic this and have a convention of their own this year, so far it's sounding like an epic fail compared to what the Hawks pull off.

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
are u 50/50ing at all?

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
htown, is there a date set?? ill be in dc this wkend.

H-TownSuns

Founding Member
Credits
It's sometime in Sept. It's $55 ($40 ticket, $15 to park) and you get autographs from two random players. You pick a time slot when you want to get your autographs when you first arrive that day (not knowing who will be signing when) and you get a wrist band that only allows you to get autographs at that time. There's other stuff that will be going on, but still, I'm not interested in a coaches Q+A forum and the such. It's only a 1 day event, unlike the Hawks which is a whole weekend.

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
so ur not even guaranteed ovechkin?? that sucks. wouldnt pay 55 for that

H-TownSuns

Founding Member
Credits
no you definitely aren't guaranteed Ovechkin. Not even Semin, Backstrom or Green. You could get Jeff Schultz and Michael Nylander.

CatoctinVista

Lifetime Member
Credits
Or you can pay for the $350 ticket to get an autograph from each Caps player...:rolleyes: I think Leonsis has been watching how Danny Snyder runs a team a little too much lately...

The worst thing about the convention is that I'd have to pay $55 just to go to the equipment sale and then more $$$ to buy new playing gear when last year it was free admission :(

H-TownSuns

Founding Member
Credits
The worst thing about the convention is that I'd have to pay $55 just to go to the equipment sale and then more $$$ to buy new playing gear when last year it was free admission :(

I totally agree. As a season ticket holder it sucks losing the equipment sale perk.