Brian Matusz interest?

skillz

Premier Member
Credits
I just read a message from the owner of Razor himself saying that players are 100% allowed to sign anything they want for fans.

ryan92s

Lifetime Member
Credits
I just read a message from the owner of Razor himself saying that players are 100% allowed to sign anything they want for fans.

I am just relaying exactly what he told me. Personally a lot of people that sign graphs love doing cards over photos and balls because they don't sell as well. Matusz is really cool and has been very good with me when talking. He told me up front due to his contract he is unable to sign baseball cards but is allowed to do everything else

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits
I am just relaying exactly what he told me. Personally a lot of people that sign graphs love doing cards over photos and balls because they don't sell as well. Matusz is really cool and has been very good with me when talking. He told me up front due to his contract he is unable to sign baseball cards but is allowed to do everything else

Maybe he is just trying to not sign for YOU. Where are you talking to him? Face to face or on facebook or myspace? If it is not face to face I would think he would treat you like any other crazy fan or stalker - hence the "I dont sign cards" answer. Just a thought.

Sidenote - anybody ever get or attempt Ozzie Virgil in person? I had him one on one several times in Richmond back in the day - all he would say is "Me no sign cards"...when in reality, he should have said, "Me no sign anything"....

joboo

Founding Member
Credits
There are PLENTY of people that graph the Carolina League and the Eastern League on this board. People on this board absolutely pummel those leagues. I would rather have you send me the cards - or whoever - and they can get them signed for you...could be a 50-50 or whatever - could be a straight trade - that is the spirit of the boards. I would encourage you to do that before you start throwing money around. Do you do any teams/leagues IP?

I second El Scorcho on this, but obviously the main intent of doing these signings is not to be a good guy and help everybody out, etc. It is to POCKET SOME DOUGH and secondly get a few graphs for yourself.

WiseAndEck

Mod/Founding Member
Credits
I second El Scorcho on this, but obviously the main intent of doing these signings is not to be a good guy and help everybody out, etc. It is to POCKET SOME DOUGH and secondly get a few graphs for yourself.

Agreed. If you wanted to be a good guy you'd just help people out for free.

brian

Credits
Skillz, can you point me to where the owner of Razor said that please.

Here is my take on this Razor debacle. Players are poorly informed, whether it be from Razor, or their agents. I'm sort of thinking it's the agents. I got Matusz to sign a card in instructs before he left for Arizona, and he had no problems. I also attempted to get David Cooper to sign my Auburn teamset in instructs, and said he couldn't sign cards he was told. Of course, I called Brian from Razor and he told me that he could sign the card, just personalize it. So I told Cooper this and he signed it personalized. I can't fathom that guys will refuse to sign cards all year. Either they can, or they can't, so which is it. If Casey Kelly is signing everything at Lowell Alumni Dinners, then that tells me they are allowed. I think someone needs to get a clear story and see exactly what the policy is. I may have to call Brian from Razor back. I think he may have relaxed his wishes a little due to the bad publicity. Not to mention, his biggest fear happened, that is Razor Exclusive guys ending up in Tristar. And it was in no way because of schmucks like us getting a couple lousy cards signed for our sets. It's not us collectors out to get Razor, it's the other companies, and having a Razor guy sign 10 cards for me isn't going to hurt Razor because it's only 10 cards, not nearly enough. And try getting other people on board, organizing is very hard to do. It's not us collectors Razor needs to fear.

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits
Maybe he is just trying to not sign for YOU. Where are you talking to him? Face to face or on facebook or myspace? If it is not face to face I would think he would treat you like any other crazy fan or stalker - hence the "I dont sign cards" answer. Just a thought.

Again, I will ask the question since you never answered it the first time.

Where are you talking to these guys? Face to face? Myspace? Facebook?

p.s. I just learned that you are 16 years old!!!???? This is the future of autograph collecting? For the love of Pork Chop Pough....