Brian Matusz interest?

dabigticket

Charter Member
Credits
When it comes down to it the player decides whether or not he is going to sign or not. If he does it great, if he doesn't its w/e move on its out of your hands. Obviously Casey Kelly has no problem signing whatever, everyone has their own habits, can't control what a player will do,say, or sign.

jtope232

Founding Member
Credits
If the price for a baseball came down a little bit, I would be interested in a ball.

-JTope232

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
It does make sense. He was at a paid appearance, hence why he signed whatever we wanted. This is not the norm for Casey Kelly.

The part that doesn't make sense is why Matusz can't sign Razor cards when he is a Razor client. Maybe his contract was different than every other player Razor signed, but as far as I've heard none of the other guys are refusing to sign all cards altogether.

And dabigticket, obviously players dictate what they will or won't do, that's Rule #1 of autographing 101. The point that was being discussed was what Matusz (or any of the clients) are restricted from doing based on their contracts with Razor. There is a difference between a guy just not feeling like signing and a guy being TOLD he cannot sign certain items.

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits
The part that doesn't make sense is why Matusz can't sign Razor cards when he is a Razor client. Maybe his contract was different than every other player Razor signed, but as far as I've heard none of the other guys are refusing to sign all cards altogether.

And dabigticket, obviously players dictate what they will or won't do, that's Rule #1 of autographing 101. The point that was being discussed was what Matusz (or any of the clients) are restricted from doing based on their contracts with Razor. There is a difference between a guy just not feeling like signing and a guy being TOLD he cannot sign certain items.

I will second that and take it a step further. Only a fraction of the people on this board will pay current players for their signature. The vast majority of the people collect IP and TTM - and dont pay for sigs. Lets give guys like Matusz or Kelly or whoever a chance to tell us NO before we start talking dollars with them. After the season if it is clear that these guys are really tough and the only way to get them is through a paid signing - then so be it. But lets give them a chance to say no! Matusz signed like crazy in Arizona - dont know why he would all of a sudden change in ST or April....

ryan92s

Lifetime Member
Credits
in response to some of who people who have concerns with the signing. While some people are able to do IP there are a lot of people who are unable to graph IP or possibly will just not see Matusz this year. Usually these types of signings draw a good amount of interest and again I'm not making anyone do this but just seeing what kind of interest there would be

scoreset

Credits
in response to some of who people who have concerns with the signing. While some people are able to do IP there are a lot of people who are unable to graph IP or possibly will just not see Matusz this year. Usually these types of signings draw a good amount of interest and again I'm not making anyone do this but just seeing what kind of interest there would be

Understood, I don't think anyone has a problem with what you are doing, maybe just a little confused about what the deal is with Matusz himself and if this will be a policy that carries over into the season.

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits

There are PLENTY of people that graph the Carolina League and the Eastern League on this board. People on this board absolutely pummel those leagues. I would rather have you send me the cards - or whoever - and they can get them signed for you...could be a 50-50 or whatever - could be a straight trade - that is the spirit of the boards. I would encourage you to do that before you start throwing money around. Do you do any teams/leagues IP?

scoreset

Credits
Is it possible Matusz' contract with Razor prohibits him from accepting money for signing cards? That would explain why he won't sign them for this potential signing but was a machine in AZ while signing for free. Just curious what people think, I'd really like to figure these guys out prior to the season so I have a good idea of what to expect.