Whitey Ford Private Signing

mauer7

Lifetime Member
Website
www.photobucket.com
Credits
Have you gotten the 160 committments yet?
Whitey's letting the '160' requirement slide. I have 110 commitments. If that number slides under 100, Whitey will most likely call it off.. Hopefully that doesn't happen, and everyone (or most) come through and send.

577nitroexpress

Lifetime Member
Credits
Whitey's letting the '160' requirement slide. I have 110 commitments. If that number slides under 100, Whitey will most likely call it off.. Hopefully that doesn't happen, and everyone (or most) come through and send.

You asked for the items by March 12. How many items do you actually have in your possession right now?

I hope this goes through.

mauer7

Lifetime Member
Website
www.photobucket.com
Credits
Ya, I had a lot of issues with people not coming through and sending.

But, great news! Talked with Whitey today..explained the situation a bit to him. He said ok, let's do it. Should happen thursday or friday night, once I get a bulk shipment in that is being expressed to me.

If you're interested in a ball or 8x10 or 11x14 and didn't have time to send in the item...I can get my ball signed for you for $63 dlvd, an 8x10 for $45 dlvd, or an 11x14 for $58 dlvd. All prices include delivery confirmation and tracking numbers.

577nitroexpress

Lifetime Member
Credits
Ya, I had a lot of issues with people not coming through and sending.

But, great news! Talked with Whitey today..explained the situation a bit to him. He said ok, let's do it. Should happen thursday or friday night, once I get a bulk shipment in that is being expressed to me.

If you're interested in a ball or 8x10 or 11x14 and didn't have time to send in the item...I can get my ball signed for you for $63 dlvd, an 8x10 for $45 dlvd, or an 11x14 for $58 dlvd. All prices include delivery confirmation and tracking numbers.

Did it happen this evening?

mauer7

Lifetime Member
Website
www.photobucket.com
Credits
We were shooting for tomorrow..but I've got to wait on a few checks to clear. There's a large check that is going to take a few days... :( . Barring an alien invasion, it should happen sometime next week. Sorry for the delay.

Kyle Young

Lifetime Member
Credits
Jeff

What kind of OLMB is it?

Yankee Stadium Final Season?
Regular OLMB?
etc etc

-KY

mauer7

Lifetime Member
Website
www.photobucket.com
Credits
It was this morning at 11. Went absoleutly perfect. He was a really nice guy, and I had an blast doing this. I'll post pictures and tell all about it in a bit. I've gotta get it all unpacked, and I might run over to Orioles spring training to get a few of the 50/50s done

Might be able to get everything out to you guys in the morning!

mauer7

Lifetime Member
Website
www.photobucket.com
Credits
We did it this morning at 11. I showed about 10 minutes early, and Whitey was already standing outside by the front door of his building waiting for us. He shook my hand and took me back to a large office space. He gave me a few minutes to set up...and told my dad a good place to park. We started with the baseballs first..and then moved onto the 11x14s. There was plenty of room in the office area, so I had plenty of space to spread the pictures out so they could dry. I think those were the most fun for him to sign..and for me to see. We moved on and signed up a couple 8x10s...and then did the magazines and cards. I asked him about an old story I'd heard ...swimming race at Bob Turley's house. Maris was well-known as being a fantastic swimmer. Mantle couldn't swim at all, but still made up a story to Roger that he was the 'Okalahome State Champion', and he'd like to race him. Sure enough, Mickey dives in, Whitey hands him the pool sweep and runs him down to the other end. Mickey hops himself up on the ledge and is sitting up, brushing the hair out of his eyes well before Roger gets there. 'How the hell did you do that?'. Roger had no clue..until he saw everyone laughing, and Mickey's left arm was all red, from being drug on the side of the pool. Whitey was laughing about it today.

Baseballs
IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

Signing a multi-sig Yankee Stadium 8x10
IMG_1602.jpg

SI's
IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

11x14
IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1611.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

Signing my 1961 Yankees team 11x14
IMG_1620.jpg

mauer7

Lifetime Member
Website
www.photobucket.com
Credits
Statue (he was checking this out...read the sticker on the bottom of the base..)
IMG_1622.jpg

LVYankee's jersey
IMG_1625.jpg

Signing a 16x20 w/ Larsen
IMG_1632.jpg

(Rob--he LOVED this picture.and was telling me about it. He wants a copy, I'll pm you about it)
Larsen: 'here put some dirt in this cup. you can have some, too'
WF: I don't want no damn dirt. If I want some dirt, I'll get it from my backyard!

One of the items I had signed, was an old ad for Big Yanks Clothing Line...Pictured Whitey, Mantle, and Maris. He REALLY was checking this one out. 'Why am I the only one wearing shorts here..haha?" His friend leaned over..'Oh my gosh, and check out those socks!' . He read aloud the description at the bottom.
IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

Whitey and I, at the end:
('how old are you?' '17' 'wow, that's great')
IMG_1645.jpg

----------------------------------------
Some post-singing pics:
IMG_1650.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1654.jpg

Had an absolute blast doing this....thanks to all that participated. Hope to do it again sometime in the future.

If you want to see all the pics...the rest are up here:
http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj169/Mauer7_Photography/Whitey Ford Signing/?start=all