- 10 for any item

Jimmy Anderson
25 for flats/balls
39 for premiums
10 for inscriptions

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
This is what I do not get, Jimmy Anderson, I'm a big Red Sox fan and even I don't know who he is. He had 5 appearances with the 04 Sox and his ERA was over 6. I don't think anybody remembers him, nor would pay 25 to add him to any 2004 WS project they have. Leskanic, fine, he had some appearances and I can see people trying to get him, but whoever this guy is for the same price as Leskanic. I also highly doubt whoever is promoting him would charge enough to make his fee $25.

Sureshot is great at bringing back pointless guys at 10-20 bucks, but this one is puzzling.

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
Is that the same Jimmy Anderson who was cut from the Reds for basically being too fat?

Bcfan9876

Credits
Pitcher of the Marlins when they won the WS in 03.

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
Bcfan9876 said:
Pitcher of the Marlins when they won the WS in 03.
Nope. I was right.

"Fat" Jimmy Anderson

He was released from the Reds for basically being a big lard, then "hired a trainer" when the Cubs signed him. Uh huh....

Cpurv

Premier Member
Credits
Yea - it really doesnt surprise me at all that they are charging 25 bucks for Jimmy Anderson, im actually surprised they arent charging more. Being into the autograph scene in Boston i personally know plenty of dealers and collectors who want to get everyone who played on that world series team and are killing to get Jimmy Anderson because they havent been able to see him since. I personally know people who are going and gonna get like 10 things from the guy. Im just at awe at what prices are for any sox player. Take someone like Lowell - who in their right mind would pay 50 for him? Hes an alright player thats doing well this year but he certainly isnt a hofer or anything special and he is pretty cool about signing autographs for free. Why would someone pay 50 for him? ( I just say a real Scot Rolen ball go for 40 on ebay) Thats the stuff i hate, just because anyones on the sox they charge so much cause - i guess there are enough stupid people to pay those prices.

unclemoe

Founding Member
Website
topps08.blogspot.com
Credits
Bcfan9876 said:
Jimmy Anderson
25 for flats/balls
39 for premiums
10 for inscriptions

I've heard this guy is one of the worst in person. He was with the Cubs during Spring Training a few years back, I guess he never signs.

It's kind of sad that he's more than Denny McClain. Denny won 30 games in one season, this guy hasn't even won 30 in his career.

moe.

Last edited: