Super Bowl-related signings in Miami

unclemoe

Founding Member
Website
topps08.blogspot.com
Credits
Does anyone live in Miami? Are there any good retired players doing any signings in the area this week? If anyone has any stories from this years Super Bowl or previous years, I wouldn't mind hearing them.

I remember there was a lot going on in Phoenix when Super Bowl XXX was here.

moe.

DTrain35

Charter Member
Credits
I know they've got a "Samsung" booth at the NFL Experience which features a lot of old time players....I know they'd have Mercury Morris and Larry Little amongst others so far. A lot of guys from the '72 team.

Anyone in the area, i'd highly recommend going on Thursday if you're planning on hitting up the NFL Experience- The list I saw was - Reggie Bush, Tony Romo, Devin Hester, Rashean Mathis, Michael Strahan, Adewale Ogunleye

AutographMike

Premier Member
Credits
Check the local newspaper ever day during the week for ads for signings. In Detroit last year Joe Greene and Franco Harris did promotional signings at a Foot Locker during Super Bowl week, also Warren Moon, Desmond Howard and Steve Young did signings at Sprint stores over Super Bowl week all of which were in ad's in the papers here.

Mike

autographhound2468

Credits
Call 1-888-635-2273. That is the NFL Experience hotline, and according to them just like D-Train said tomorrow Rasheen Mathis, Adewale Ogunyele, Devin Hester, Reggie Bush, Michael Strahan, Leon Washington, Tony Romo and Charlie Frye will be signing. There were two oher guys but they aren't that great. That seems like a pretty good lineup with Bush. I know LJ was there last year. The Experience usually has some pretty good guys. It will probably be packed tomorrow because of Bush, Hester and Romo who are obviously very popular players. Another problem is, is that they hand out tickets and it's very disorganized and crowded. For example if you're in line to get Reggie Bush, and they stop handing out tickets right before you get one, they will hand you one for the next guy signing even if it's a cruddy player.

Last edited:

AutographMike

Premier Member
Credits
They only use tickets for the Topps stage there if it's like the past years. I got LJ last year at the Topps stage one day then the following day he signed at the Air Force booth and I got him 3 times in the 1 1/2 hours he signed for. The Air Force booth usually only has one or two signers a day but they are usually very good players and they have some really nice color 8x10's for free if you don't have an item.

Mike

autographhound2468

Credits
AutographMike said:
They only use tickets for the Topps stage there if it's like the past years. I got LJ last year at the Topps stage one day then the following day he signed at the Air Force booth and I got him 3 times in the 1 1/2 hours he signed for. The Air Force booth usually only has one or two signers a day but they are usually very good players and they have some really nice color 8x10's for free if you don't have an item.

Mike
Yeah. I'm talking about the autograph stage though. The problem is, is that a lot of guys sign at other booths and for example one year (Jacksonville) people were lining up 3 hours before Derrick Brooks started signing, and at the same time Julius Jones was signing so it was one or the other. I got Jones sadly, because I was not waiting 3 hours plus another hour to get the autograph and missing 3 others guys because of how long the line was for Brooks. A lot of good guys are there. I got Anquan Boldin one year, Jonathan Vilma signed so did Fred Taylor and Byron Leftwich who I didn't get because they were signing the day before I got there. Priest Holmes was signing the year of his breakout year where he almost rushed for 2000 yards. Detroit wasn't that great last year. LJ signed but I think that was really it. All the other guys were like Lions backup lineman. I was suprised at the calibur of guys this year. There are tons of stars who will be potentially tough autographs in the future like Reggie Bush (who I have a couple times but I wouldn't mind getting again.) It stinks lol because the one year I don't go the star calibur increased by a lot.

baum54

Premier Member
Credits
Is anyone going to post any results from the super bowl?

Thanks, Austin

p.s I am going next year and want to get a good handle on things. Like I heard there are over 15 different autograph stations throughout the convention center from last year in Detroit.