Ryan Anderson - "Little Unit" Private Signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

huffman

Lifetime Member
Credits
Alan,

Good idea with getting Anderson on for a signing.

Dude was tough back in his playing days from what I heard.

Even when I got him at his cooking school he didn't seem too thrilled.

Sorry about all the haters on hear. Keep up the good work.

-Ryan

alanmoore

Administrator
Staff member
Website
www.sportsgraphing.com
Credits
alexsautographs said:
I went on that public records now site you recommended, but to get the info you have to pay $9.99. Did you do that to get his address? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the help.

I do the monthly unlimited but the Anderson address did not come from there. It was a starting point but his current address was not on there.

I talked with this site's owner Chris about offering a finder service for people to offset my time and costs but after the "bashers and jealous kids" in this thread I am thinking I may just stop posting altogether and let the chumps try to figure this game out.

DKelly28

Premier Member
Website
www.dksbaseballcards.com
Credits
huffman said:
Alan,

Good idea with getting Anderson on for a signing.

Dude was tough back in his playing days from what I heard.

Even when I got him at his cooking school he didn't seem too thrilled.

Sorry about all the haters on hear. Keep up the good work.

-Ryan

Exactly, I don't know why people are hating on him wanting to help others who want/need Ryan Anderson, who pretty much doesn't do mail anyways.

jbare24

Founding Member
Credits
Dude
Don't let anybody sweat you, though I don't need Anderson I'm sure there are quite a few guys on here who could use him, and $5 is pretty cheap. There are some on here who appreciate the contributions made to the site.

huffman

Lifetime Member
Credits
I'm glad to see people backing up Alan.

I've done 2-3 trades with Alan since he has joined and everything has gone very smoothly.

It's stupid to see people running their mouth even when this guy is providing scans and addresses used when requested.

Alan, keep up the good work. It's helping alot of people on this site.

-Ryan

Last edited:

jbsouth

Founding Member
Credits
Nothing fishy

bentm said:
This is Fishy
I've known Alan for 15 years. Back in the day, we did a few road trips, including one to Knoxville, Nashville, Asheville, and Greenville (I think that was all the Villes we hit). Cleaned up on Arod in Knoxville-- must have been 1994. He signed 6 or 7 items-- including a beautiful sweet spot for me.

Trust me-- Alan doesn't need our cash. He's just trying to finish sets, and is willing to help us out in the process. He's already posted a bunch of successes he's had from guys who I wouldn't normally try. After he succeeded, I tried, and succeeded too. He's also made a number of trades since he got back into autograph collecting a few months back-- I believe everyone is happy with what they received...

Example: Jeff Blauser-- never an easy autograph. A bunch of people got him in the last month because Alan posted a success with him.

We're all better off if we don't bash people who are posting a ton of helpful information, and/or are setting up private signings (at cost) with guys who were extremely tough when they played.

It was a rare day when you'd get more than 1 or 2 out of Ryan Anderson. He did not like signing-- to have an opportunity like this for those of use who do sets is exciting.

Now if you can only track down Rob Red Sox Henkel, Alan.

Last edited:

Notorious B.E.G.

Founding Member
Credits
Interested

Alan,

I would be interested in getting 15-20 cards signed. Put me down on the list.

Jeff

sMatt

Founding Member
Credits
alan - I PM'd you about the Ryan Anderson offer, I'm very much interested.

As for the namecalling, I can't really blame alan for getting mad. I have also spent a lot of time and money over the years tracking down addresses. When someone else that doesn't spend any time or money doing any searching on their own starts complaining that you should share you work for free, it's out of line.

When you spend your own time and money looking for addresses and then posting them, no one really thanks you for it and the player gets bothered that they have a bunch of random mail coming to their house all of a sudden. I have posted all of mine whenever I got around to it but I certainly can't blame others for not doing it.

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
Finding retired minor leaguers is hard to do many times. Heck it took me around 2 years to find a guy who had just retired the season before. I think people just didn't realize this guy is a legit guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.