Philadelphia Comic Con

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits

MidSouth Minors

Founding Member
Credits
Adam West is one of the best. If you're a Three Stooges fan, ask him about working with them in The Outlaws is Coming which is the last feature film the Stooges did.

MrMojoRisin

Lifetime Member
Credits
Where does it say that?

Have you ever been to a show like this? This isn't a single A baseball game where u get 100 cards signed. Every person attending the show is an independent contractor and they charge for autographs. I could tell from the thread u guys thought admission got u all the autos you coud get. Doesn't work that way. Adam West was $60 per item last month in Novi, Michigan at the Motor City Convention.

Skizzick

Lifetime Member
Credits
Have you ever been to a show like this? This isn't a single A baseball game where u get 100 cards signed. Every person attending the show is an independent contractor and they charge for autographs. I could tell from the thread u guys thought admission got u all the autos you coud get. Doesn't work that way. Adam West was $60 per item last month in Novi, Michigan at the Motor City Convention.
No, I've never been to a show like this. I thought Comic Con was just a convention where people dressed up like super heroes and strange Japanese cartoon characters and then argue with each other while trading comic books. Also, washed up actors from the 60s, 70s, and 80s along with comic book writers that nobody's ever heard of sit and talk with fans about plot holes that said actors and writers have no control over. And autographs were free.

There was no sarcasm in that previous statement. Maybe I won't go afterall.

pach24

Founding Member
Credits
Conventions like these will charge you an admission fee just to get into the show. It's up to the guest appearing how much they will charge for autographs or pictures with. Expect an average of $20-30 for the featured TV/ movie guests where as most comic book artists will sign what you have for free. Most shows like MegaCon have the autograph prices posted on the show's website ahead of time but this one doesn't. Usually I will go to a show and go by the autograph area first to check out their prices/length of line. These shows are fun to go if you've never been. Some stars will just be sitting there with no line and you can just talk to them.

dd316

Charter Member
Credits
These shows are GREAT if you're into comics and art, as most (pretty much ALL) will sign your stuff for free. But the celebrities are another thing. pach24 is right in that most charge $20-$30 for their auto, but many of them have gotten used to charging the same amount just to take a picture with them! At the last NYC comic con, William Shatner wanted $80 for an autograph and $80 to take a picture!