Nat's hot stove dinner

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
jbsouth said:
also, we'll be lucky if we get any Nats at the PNats dinner-- last year, it was Bowden or someone from the front office.

The P-Nats dinner sucked last year because they were still running most of the "on field" operations from Florida, and there were no players spending the off season up in DC. The P-Nats aren't going to pay to fly in players, but if they are already in the DC area they may show for the TINY appearance fee they get and/or do it beacuase the BIG CLUBS PR department begs them to go.

PS...how cool is it that you have a fan club?

jbsouth

Founding Member
Credits
Love you too Flam--- I should change my sign on name

"BIG CLUBS PR department"--

that's the biggest joke i've heard in a while-- the Nats PR is awful-- they wouldn't be able to find a player for PNatsfest if their life depended on it...

ephissel

Credits
jbsouth knows what he is talking about when it comes to the Nats. I got Frank once this year outside the park

egautographs

Trade Moderator
Website
www.angelfire.com
Credits
Ballzy said:
if you read my post, i said no way did robinson sign through the mail, i didn't say in person. i know he signs in person during spring training, he always has. i don't care what you say, his mail is not real. and if it is, and i hope/wish it is then great. i was just making a statement that it is probably/most likely fake. some of my closest friends are clubbies and they have told me that even bench players get their mail signed for them. this isn't a new occurence, it has been brought up on this board a ton of times about how much most ttm is fake or autopen. i once received a michael jordan ttm, a gretzky ttm, and a montana ttm. that was when i was young and didn't know any better. i even got jagr ttm. i no longer have any of those cause they were so fake. i once even got a rick fox auto ttm, and was later told that his chicks signed them for him. needless to say, i haven't done ttm since about 1997, and besides peter bondra (who is probably in the 1% that accutally signs him mail) i through the rest away.

That must be one good ghostsigner because his sigs TTM match dead on with his certs on ebay. I honestly don't believe that 1% of players actually sign while the rest ghostsign. A very large majority of retired players sign their own mail TTM, btw, so that may push the number even higher. The only skeptical one's I am aware of are current major-leaguers and minor-leaguers.

egautographs

Trade Moderator
Website
www.angelfire.com
Credits
Thanks Nick. Robinson may be a little grumpy in-person, but his TTM sigs are real. Some people just don't like large crowds of collectors running to him in a mob to get him to sign, wheras he can sit down and open letters and sign in peace. Here's a pic of a cert on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/FRANK-ROBINSON-...744728572QQcategoryZ98014QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-HALL-OF-FA...741215034QQcategoryZ98015QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't see anything different about these and the one Nick posted above.