Nat's hot stove dinner

Ballzy

Premier Member
Credits
sunday february 12th, at the hyatt in northern virginia. that is only info. they have announced. doubt very seriously that soriano will be there, since it seems he already hates the nats. everyone else will probably be there. they are even having a big name keynote speaker that will be announced soon. i am not paying, but will probably be hanging out at the hotel that day.

BenB

Founding Member
Credits
I need Vidro and Preston Wilson for my set. PM me if you might be able to help.

Ballzy

Premier Member
Credits
the cost has not been announced yet, i am guessing around $50. i have stuff for just about everyone on the team, so i won't be able to help anyone out. depending on who is there, i might not even go, the nats are probably the best signing team in baseball....i can always get them at the games, plus one of my good buddies is cousins with billy bray, so when he gets promoted my buddy can get "family passes" that gets you into the players parking lot after the game. i think soriano will be the only toughie on the team, and forget it with frank robinson, the family pass won't do me any good with that guy.

bryan

Credits
Ballzy said:
the cost has not been announced yet, i am guessing around $50. i have stuff for just about everyone on the team, so i won't be able to help anyone out. depending on who is there, i might not even go, the nats are probably the best signing team in baseball....i can always get them at the games, plus one of my good buddies is cousins with billy bray, so when he gets promoted my buddy can get "family passes" that gets you into the players parking lot after the game. i think soriano will be the only toughie on the team, and forget it with frank robinson, the family pass won't do me any good with that guy.
heard frank signed during spring training ttm last year so he cant be impossible i might try him again this spring training and that would be great if you go parking passes and could you do 50/50s if you were able to get that pass

Ballzy

Premier Member
Credits
i would bet my 1st born that if you got frank robinson through the mail, it is either auto pen or fake. i have a few buddies that are clubbies, and they say hardly any players sign their own mail. they have actually witnessed other people signing cards for players....also a few people on this board work in baseball and have witnessed it as well. if a bench warmer is going to get someone else to sign his mail, i doubt frank will sign his own either. i live here, and have NEVER witnessed frank sign. but i guess nothing is impossible.

sjncomic

Lifetime Member
Credits
Ballzy, Robinson signs all the time in ST. I think he slowed down in 2005 but 2004 he was automatic like clockwork. Also, in ST alot of people do sign that wouldn't during the year. In fact, at another "sports collector" site, one of the guys there is friends with the Expos ST clubbie and mentioned about how Vlad did his signings during ST. So, don;t make a blanket statement and disparage other's comments when you don't have all the facts... I will now step off of my soapbox :) Sorry, guys, not feeling well tonight and a atad cranky!

Stephen

Ballzy

Premier Member
Credits
if you read my post, i said no way did robinson sign through the mail, i didn't say in person. i know he signs in person during spring training, he always has. i don't care what you say, his mail is not real. and if it is, and i hope/wish it is then great. i was just making a statement that it is probably/most likely fake. some of my closest friends are clubbies and they have told me that even bench players get their mail signed for them. this isn't a new occurence, it has been brought up on this board a ton of times about how much most ttm is fake or autopen. i once received a michael jordan ttm, a gretzky ttm, and a montana ttm. that was when i was young and didn't know any better. i even got jagr ttm. i no longer have any of those cause they were so fake. i once even got a rick fox auto ttm, and was later told that his chicks signed them for him. needless to say, i haven't done ttm since about 1997, and besides peter bondra (who is probably in the 1% that accutally signs him mail) i through the rest away.

H-TownSuns

Founding Member
Credits
son of a building block. this would be a slam dunk for me because of the location, but I will be at college. Might have to send the brother/dad for this one.

jbsouth

Founding Member
Credits
i saw him sign three times at RFK this year.. also if the clubby signed his mail last spring he did pretty good on frobby's auto, b/c it passed psa authentication for me....that being said there were 45 times he didn't sign for me-- def. tough

however, I'll pass on your first born

also, we'll be lucky if we get any Nats at the PNats dinner-- last year, it was Bowden or someone from the front office.

Last edited: