Memphis Grizzlies Toy Drive

MidSouth Minors

Founding Member
Credits
The Grizzlies annual toy drive is next Monday night. The information from the Grizzlies site follows. I don't think they have ever had 1,000 people in attendance but you should be there by 6:30 as they will close the doors when the entire line is inside the ballroom.

While the Grizzlies don't ask for a minimum toy donation, I'd like to think that those of us on the board who goes to this brings more than a dollar store checker set. I saw a LOT of cheap toys like this the last time I went to this event. Keep in mind that needy children want the same toys that all other children want. MIFA has asked specifically for ethnic dolls (they have an abundance of white baby dolls) and gifts for teenagers.

Surely even the Grizzlies are worth a $10 or $20 toy donation.

Grizzlies Annual Holiday Toy Drive
Monday, December 10, 6-8 p.m.
Hilton Memphis Hotel

It’s the holiday season, and the Memphis Grizzlies players and coaches are joining together to spread season’s greetings to fans of all ages.

The first 1,000 fans to bring a new, unwrapped toy will receive an autograph and greeting from each member of the Grizzlies team. Team mascot Grizz and members of the dance team will also join in the festivities and the spirit of giving.

All toys collected will be donated to the Metropolitan Inter-Faith Association (MIFA) Holiday Hope Chest, which provides children of MIFA families and clients with toys and gifts from their ‘wish lists’ during the holiday season.

For more information on the MIFA Holiday Hope Chest, visit mifa.org.