Meet The Team Party..columbus clippers..fyi

sigman101

Lifetime Member
Credits
Does anyone have the projected roster of who will be there or a link so I can see if I got anything for them???

vanslyke

Lifetime Member
Credits
According to the Clippers website, it looks like this event was moved to the LC Pavilion across from the ballpark.

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
From the website:
The Columbus Clippers will celebrate the opening of the 2010 season with a special "Meet The Team" party on Wednesday, April 7, 2010 at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion. Fans can interact with the Clippers players, coaches, and front office staff. The event is hosted by Wags & Elliott of QFM-96. Festivities will run from 6pm - 9pm. Tickets to the event are $12 each.

By purchasing a ticket to the "Meet The Team" party, you receive entrance into the LC Pavilion; hot dogs, snacks and soft drinks; participation in games and activities; and are eligible to win Clippers prizes.

Call us at (614) 462-2757 or stop by our ticket office to get your tickets today!

This story was not subject to the approval of the National Association of Professional Baseball Leagues or its clubs.

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
This could be very, very bad....

I can see a big, empty room with tables for signings and front office people standing over players yelling at anyone who wants more than one thing signed or takes more than one trip through the line.

sigman101

Lifetime Member
Credits
One of the Columbus Clippers ticket office employees contacted me today to tell me that they had to change the location of this event, because Gameworks closed its doors on Monday. I guess they probably went out of business...

snuffytut

Founding Member
Credits
This could be very, very bad....

I can see a big, empty room with tables for signings and front office people standing over players yelling at anyone who wants more than one thing signed or takes more than one trip through the line.

I can picture the same thing. This is what happens when you become old and cynical like us.

Chris

JSG1984

Founding Member
Credits
I'm thinking about passing on this event this year. That set up doesn't sound conducive to autographing at all. Is this pavilion closed, or is it like a picnic table set up type of thing?

mrmain18

Founding Member
Credits
I'm thinking about passing on this event this year. That set up doesn't sound conducive to autographing at all. Is this pavilion closed, or is it like a picnic table set up type of thing?

You're thinking too small. It's a concert hall with a stage that can open on either side. One side is an outdoor ampitheater, the other is an indoor club. I've only been there once, but it's pretty big.

Hopefully, with the sudden closure of Gameworks, they haven't had time to come up with ways to screw us. They had to find a new place in a hurry AND find enough stuff to put in there to occupy a room full of people. Next year, who knows.

If Carlos Carrasco is sent down, my 14 setters and I may have to make the drive...

JSG1984

Founding Member
Credits
most of the guys I needed have made the team.