Lasorda in Brooklyn

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
Hall of Fame manager Tommy Lasorda is a baseball icon, and perhaps the most prominent ambassador of the game. His major league career began in 1954 when, as a 26-year-old lefthanded pitcher, he made his debut for the Brooklyn Dodgers.

On Sunday, August 16th, Lasorda will return to Brooklyn, and will be honored by the Cyclones in a special pre-game ceremony, starting at 4:30pm, in which he will be inducted into the Brooklyn Dodgers Hall of Fame. In addition, the first 1,500 fans (ages 15 and over) in attendance will receive a Tommy Lasorda photo baseball (pictured). The photo ball features an image of Lasorda as a Brooklyn Dodger, a current image of the baseball legend, his number 2, some of his managerial highlights, and a quote from Lasorda.

Here is the rest of the link:

brooklyncyclones.com: Top Stories

hsider1

Lifetime Member
Credits
I have not heard anything about him actually signing at this. However, he is supposedly a good signer so you may have a chance at getting him anyway.

JBsouthFan

Founding Member
Credits
He is a miserable old man, but he should sign.

My Tommy Experiences over the last 3 years (Seen him 10+ times in 3 years...)

Vero ST: (Doesn't amtter since they left Vero) Was Great on fields with Women and kids around, Horrible one-on-one...

AZ Instructs (Peoria, AZ): Would do 1-per as he walked off the fields the 3-4 times i saw him over 3 years dodgers used Peoria for Instructs, they moved to new camp this year...

2008 MWL All Star game (Great Lakes Loons): Didn't touch a pen for 'public' all day... only signed for VIP's in sky box area after he left the field.

2009 WBC Exhibition game(Un-annouced Inter squad game, BEFORE 'real' ST Games with WBC squads), Italy@Orioles... He did 1-per for the first 5-6 of us who spotted him on the field, then with my item in his hand said "This aint a card show", signed mine and didn't touch another item all day...

Also would see him in Jupiter when Dodgers would play there in ST. He would park in the Marlins Lot and walk in, signing 1-per nly if you said "PLEASE"...

Rule of thumb... Say 'Please', and it really helps to have Hot chicks around! (I've found most things in life are better with hot chicks around.)

hsider1

Lifetime Member
Credits
Well he didn't pick up a pen all day and he was being treated like he was the president. There was a ring of security guards around him everywhere he went.

stlsport$

Premier Member
Credits
I have not heard anything about him actually signing at this. However, he is supposedly a good signer so you may have a chance at getting him anyway.

I wouldnt go that far. I have seen him a few times and he is very hit or miss and not very nice when he does sign