Jim Palmer - Little Rock

Murphy 3

Founding Member
Credits
I know this is late notice, but I just found out about it. The Little Rock Junior Deputy Baseball League will be having an event from 3:30-6:30 today, Saturday, June 10 at the Embassy Suites. Jim Palmer will be the guest speaker. Tickets are $20. One autograph per ticket.

I usually don't like paying for autographs, but I figure this is cheaper than the Tristar price. I would spend that money on some other crap anyway.

Here's a link:

http://www.juniordeputy.com/

Edit: They changed it to Sunday, June 11.

Last edited:

Murphy 3

Founding Member
Credits
Sir, you make a valid point. I could not agree more.

Cobra

Premier Member
Website
www.naxcom.com
Credits
do you know if the signing is before/during/or after?

Murphy 3

Founding Member
Credits
From today's newspaper:

"Hall of Fame pitcher Jim Palmer will sign autographs (one per ticket) and share memories, ending with a question-and-answer session."

Judging from that, it seems like he will sign at the beginning, but I don't know. I haven't been able to find out much. I tried calling the phone number, but nobody answered. The hotel didn't know anything.

Cobra - If you decide to go, the Embassy Suites is on Chenal. Go to where 630 (the interstate that runs by Ray Winder) ends on the west side of town. Go straight through the stoplight. It is a huge hotel on the left. You may already know this, but I thought it might help.

Cobra

Premier Member
Website
www.naxcom.com
Credits
Have to work, then go BACK to the super regional in oxford (stupid security). Although, if I get done early enough, it is possible to do both. I don't need to be in oxford until after 9PM. Anything earlier is a massive waste of my time. I'd have to be done in west memphis by 1pm. Do able. Not fun, certainly, but do able. Its a lot of GD driving, that's for sure!

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/...pn=&1pl=&1v=CITY&1ffi=&1ex=&1n=Pulaski County

Probably easier to forget palmer in the rock. As soon as I drive over there, he'll be in memphis next week. I will get a lot more done in oxford.