Chris Potter Sports private signings

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
pittgrad, most people know Chris from his work on SCN, not here. He just recently started posting his signings here when I requested he do so via PM. I would pick him, Tom Orr, and Larry Kassis over anyone else offering private signings because A) they are collectors themselves, B) their customer serivce skills are top notch, and C) you won't find better prices on the guys they can get.

Never met this Chris potter or worked with him so I can’t say good or bad about his service. I have worked with Larry and tom.

The thing that makes tom and this Chris porter different is tom posts where the signing will take place, he isn’t hiding from the fact it’s a backroom deal. Chris plays them off all as private signings.

I just think it would be in everyone’s best interest to follow the rules posted in this forum tagged sticky. It prevents messes like we discussed with the nymets private signing or anyone else who does a wholesale deal that falls through. atlabraves is another excellent member who post both his signings, wholesale pricing opportunities, and contributes in other ways to the board.

Draw your own opinions on this Chris porter, I added my 2 cents but everyone should draw their own conclusions from their own, mine and other board members experiences

Last edited:

pittgrad0214

Premier Member
born and raised in PA, Now living in Shelbyville K
Credits
Most people want to read "conclusions" based on personal experiences with the person, and not from people who have NOT actually dealt with them.

that is why i stated i have not delt with him personally

however, i do think board members should support members who follow the rules posted for private signings posted here

http://www.sportsgraphing.com/upcoming-signings/44807-4-rules-private-signings.html

i am not sure he followed them when he loaded this site with a million upcomming signing threads this month.

i also think a 5th rule should be posting who is responsible for the signing, ie poster has the contract or if this his a wholesale deal

regardless i dont have much of a say on that i am only a member here, not a mod or site owner so i wont speak of this again

i am glad alot of people had good experiences with chris and i hope he can help all of you again in the future

Rip8cp1

Premier Member
Website
www.chrispottersports.com
Credits
Hey guys, I just came across this post. Seems as if everyone thinks I "piggy-back" on other signings? The fact is, I did it for the last JP show, Brooks Robinson and Boog Powell signings. The rest of the signings I have conducted were on my own, no show promoter involved. I am the sole person responsible for getting your items signed, start to finish. I'm sorry if pittgrad thinks I am only on this site to advertise my signings but that is false. I am a collector, I do IP events, I send TTM, I guess I will have to start "pulling my weight" around here to prove that but I can assure you that I am not trying to come across that way. I take pictures of every signing I have done. Feel free to see the pictures on my website. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to message me. Oh, and pittgrad, its Chris Potter, like Harry Potter, not Porter. Take care.

Chris Potter

PS, I do agree with pittgrad about Coaches corner, they are trash, dont ever do business with them.

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
I see Daryl Sconiers was added. Very nice! He's been elusive for years all the way back to even when he still played!

Robb

Founding Member
Website
www.skyenet.net
Credits
You wanted someone who delt with Chirs...
Well... I jumped at a chance to get Joe Christopher when he did the signing a while back. His comunication was great and the graph was sweet. I plan on sending in for the Choo Choo Coleman signing in June. I have been collecting for 15 yrs ... damn i'm getting old... but just recently begun participating in private signings. The only thing I will say is if everyone is like Chirs... I will be doing ALOT more!

Robb