Carl Yastrzemski Public Signings- 11/20, Woburn, MA

FenwayFrank

Premier Member
Website
cardboardlegends.blogspot.com
Credits
http://www.dickgordonsports.com/pdf/yaz-woburn-2010.pdf

I know that Yaz is somewhat reclusive these days, and I wouldn't normally be interested in paid signings, but I noticed that "gum" cards are only $60 and include an inscription. More than anything I'd really like the chance just to meet him, and I might be willing to take cards to this if anybody needed him for something. What is he like at signings?

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
i don't usually pay for autographs but i need yaz on a hall of fame poster. can anyone take this?

Graphgetter

Lifetime Member
Credits
He signs once a year in Fort Lauderdale in February/March and keeps his head down the entire time and doesnt interact at all. Answers open ended questions with a yes/no type. I think he was $125 a graph down here too due to the exclusive he had (maybe still has?) with Dick Gordon Sports.

FJMBoston

Founding Member
Credits
I went to last year's Yaz signing in Woburn. He is not exactly warm and fuzzy, but he is not obnoxious either- very business like. Quick photos were OK last year but he doesn't smile and there is very little small talk and you better have the camera ready to go.

I did see him a couple of years ago at the Shriners show in Wilmington and we did have a mini-conversation about fishing though so who knows...

As paid signings go, the $60 for cards is fairly decent as he never signed through the mail and doesn't make many appearances.

jbk150

Founding Member
Credits
I went to last year's Yaz signing in Woburn. He is not exactly warm and fuzzy, but he is not obnoxious either- very business like. Quick photos were OK last year but he doesn't smile and there is very little small talk and you better have the camera ready to go.

I did see him a couple of years ago at the Shriners show in Wilmington and we did have a mini-conversation about fishing though so who knows...

As paid signings go, the $60 for cards is fairly decent as he never signed through the mail and doesn't make many appearances.

Good assessment. Went to a paid signing with him at Foxwoods. Not a jerk....actually relatively cordial, but not really into making too much conversation ie. it seemed like work to be there. I'd asked if he was from the Hamptons.....his reply a simple "yes". Did take a picture with, but could tell he wanted it to be quick. Pay the $60 - he's not around too often and has had some health issues recently.

Pothole069

Founding Member
Credits
The HOF postcard they provide is $100. What category do you think would one be considered if you were sending?

great question, i was wondering the same thing. if i could get that done for $60 i would be all over that. My guess is that it would fall under the up to 11x14 for $135

deejayshane12

Lifetime Member
Credits
great question, i was wondering the same thing. if i could get that done for $60 i would be all over that. My guess is that it would fall under the up to 11x14 for $135

considering the provided HOF postcard is $100 and most "your item" listings are lower than the same "our item" counterpart, $135 wouldn't make sense but I thought the same thing too.