Boston Baseball Writers Dinner

Cpurv

Premier Member
Credits
I read in the globe awhile ago that players like Mike Lowell, Mark Loretta, and Papelbon will be there. Don't hold me to my word cause i can't quite remember. Hopefully someoe cool like Beckett will be there.

bigmace

Credits
It's been hard to find much info yet.This is what I have found tickets cost 125 dollars for the event which is held atthe boston convention and Expo Center which is close to the southie side of boston past south station.I have also herd that Mike Lowell,Jason Varitek prospects like Papelbon and the Red Sox brass are sceduled to attend and more players will be probally given as time gets closer.

bigmace

Credits
I just recently found out to more attendies for the dinner from searcing the internet.Colorado Rockies pitcher Aaron Cook with recieve the Tony C. award at the event and also David'Big Papi''Ortiz will be recieving a award that night.I also heard something about an award for Roger Clemens that night also but didn't get the jist of that yet.

Bosoxin02

Premier Member
Credits
Don't get too excited. Last year almost nobody showed up. There were TONS of big-name award winners the last few years and almost always they don't come to accept their awards. If they do come, it's on their own time and money, they don't get paid to be there. For example, A-Rod, Pujols, Bonds, Ortiz, and Ramirez have all won awards the last few years and haven't come to the dinner. Just because they win the award means almost nothing when it comes to whether they are attending the dinner or not. Last year there was an article in the Globe the day of the dinner talking about how difficult it was for the writers to get any of the players to come to the dinner, because the players weren't compensated for their time.

bigmace

Credits
thankyou.I may or may not go depending on work but thanks for telling me I appreciate the heads up.

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
I buy tickets yearly. I did not go last year. I did hear Lowell confirmed, never heard of Pap or Tek going. I can guarantee Chris Carpenter will win "New England Pitcher/Player of the Year". Hes from NH and won the Cy Young, crazy for him not to. He showed up to a few award ceremonies, so maybe he will be in attendance. I am going and hopefully there is a good lineup.

bigpapi34

Credits
Hoffy814 said:
I buy tickets yearly. I did not go last year. I did hear Lowell confirmed, never heard of Pap or Tek going. I can guarantee Chris Carpenter will win "New England Pitcher/Player of the Year". Hes from NH and won the Cy Young, crazy for him not to. He showed up to a few award ceremonies, so maybe he will be in attendance. I am going and hopefully there is a good lineup.

yea a few good packages is it usually jammed tho

Hoffy814

Founding Member
Credits
Not really. It gets hectic at autograph time. You get everyone but it just gets hectic.