Any Roy Halladay or Cole Hamels Signings??

Hoopshead

Premier Member
Credits
Does anyone know of any signings by either of these 2 coming up? My son has a pitching mound signed by Lee and Oswalt and wants the other 2. Also Carlos Ruiz would be nice as well. At the Phanfestival Ruiz and Halladay are photo booths and do not do signings.

Thanks Guys

SDlou

Premier Member
Credits
If I recall correctly, Hamels was supposed to do a signing through MAB last December that kept getting rescheduled over and over. I think it finally fell through the cracks, probably because of how bad Hamels is. He hasn't picked up a single pen here in San Diego over the past 2 seasons (except to sign for family members), and he's from here! Your best bet will probably be to see if someone will take a consignment for him at Spring Training...

scoreset

Moderator & Founding Member
Credits
At the Phanfestival Ruiz and Halladay are photo booths and do not do signings.

Unless he's changed terribly in Philly, Halladay is (was?) a very good IP signer...so if you can get near him at this event you might still have a shot at him. Especially if it's a kid asking, you may be able to get him for free.

Ballzy

Premier Member
Credits
Everytime I/We saw Halladay last year, he said he doesn't sign anymore..........and over the last 5 years of graphing him, I have gotten him twice, pretty tuff. Hamels, forget about it. These are two guys you pretty much are going to have to pay for.......I had an 8x10 of Hamels, asked him to sign and told me he only signs cards.........I just happened to have a card (because I heard he sometimes does this) and so I guess he felt obligated to sign the card. Only time I have gotten him in the Majors.

Graphgetter

Lifetime Member
Credits
Halladay has an exclusive now with LoJo Sports. That may be the reason for the shift in signing attitude?

dylanphillies

Premier Member
Credits
Halladay signed for us at spring training last year. He was very gracious. Hamels did not sign at all while we were there.

SDlou

Premier Member
Credits
graphgoddess helped me last year at ST with a Hamels consignment for $50. She helped me get my SI done, and it also later passed PSA. Not sure how much time she had to spend on it, but luckily it got done. With his track record of doing paid signings a consignment at ST is probably the way to go, even if you have to pay a bit to attract a taker...