Any interest in a Yonder Alonso signing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

19Braves77

Charter Member
Credits
Are you going just by the interest on this board ? I would think 50 items would be easy to find on all the message boards and with Ebay pre-purchases.

Janderson07

Premier Member
Credits
Are you going just by the interest on this board ? I would think 50 items would be easy to find on all the message boards and with Ebay pre-purchases.

Have another feeler out on a different board, but was pretty much trying to figure out how easy it would be to get through 50 items before I even show up to the signing. Appears it won't be too difficult, so I think I am going to request the contract to sign in the next few days.

Yonder won't pick up a pen for any deal less than 250+ signatures, so even if able to get 50 presells, that only amounts to a maximum of 20% sold.

Small addition to those reading this, who would you prefer (at the same price), Alonso or Gordon Beckham?

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits
No, I would not be interested. I dont believe in paying current players for autographs that I can get for free at the ballpark - and I dont think that this type of stuff belongs on this board. I am also a bit skeptical of people that sign up for this site NOT to talk about TTM or IP successes, but to solely push their private signings and to make money of off them.

Janderson07

Premier Member
Credits
No, I would not be interested. I dont believe in paying current players for autographs that I can get for free at the ballpark - and I dont think that this type of stuff belongs on this board. I am also a bit skeptical of people that sign up for this site NOT to talk about TTM or IP successes, but to solely push their private signings and to make money of off them.

Had a long reply, but realized it wasn't worth it. Your mind is made up, and I could care less. If you knew how much profit was in this, you'd be amazed how small it is. There's this thing called traveling to and from the signings, it does get quite expensive, especially going out of state.

Janderson07

Premier Member
Credits
Aside from that, I will unfortunately NOT be holding a signing with Alonso. What was acceptable last week is unacceptable now, and the price of inscriptions were to essentially triple in the new deal proposed to me.

Alonso is having quite a few signings it sounds like, so all those looking to pick an item up should have many options out there shortly.

Will be announcing a few more signings in the coming days hopefully, all three of which are top 30 in the BA top 100 and either #1 or #2 in their respective organizations top 10.

El Scorcho

Lifetime Member
Credits
Had a long reply, but realized it wasn't worth it. Your mind is made up, and I could care less. If you knew how much profit was in this, you'd be amazed how small it is. There's this thing called traveling to and from the signings, it does get quite expensive, especially going out of state.

So, you do it to basically break even? I understand business - I actually run a couple. I doubt you would go through all of the hassle only to make a small profit.

Are you here only to push your paid signings? Or do you collect IP? TTM?

Status
Not open for further replies.