Any Dr. J signings coming up?

otismalibu

Premier Member
Credits
I think those new Rawlings ABA basketballs are 10 panels, where the Spaldings are 8 panel. Not sure which came first. The first RW&B Spalding I can recall seeing were the NBA weekend 3 point money balls. When they tried reviving the ABA a few years back, they also used Wilson game balls.

The original 60s & 70s ABA game basketballs were Rawlings RSS 8 panels, with 4 white, 2 red, 2 blue.

mulliganman

Premier Member
Credits
I think those new Rawlings ABA basketballs are 10 panels, where the Spaldings are 8 panel. Not sure which came first. The first RW&B Spalding I can recall seeing were the NBA weekend 3 point money balls. When they tried reviving the ABA a few years back, they also used Wilson game balls.

The original 60s & 70s ABA game basketballs were Rawlings RSS 8 panels, with 4 white, 2 red, 2 blue.

I'd like to know for sure about the 10 panel vs. 8 panel. I have tried to find out online but can't find anything.

otismalibu

Premier Member
Credits
Amazon.com: Rawlings ABA Official Game Ball of the ABA Ten Panel Basketball (Official 29.5"): Explore similar items

With the original ABA ball color scheme, blue is never next to red. Red & blue are always flanked by white.

ABACarlson.jpg

otismalibu

Premier Member
Credits
nice stuff just wondering why you got the jersey signed on the front and not on the back number..

I'm guessing most board members would have opted for silver on the number. I'm not big on having the numbers signed and silver just seems to modern for a guy that played in the 70s & 80s. I'd use silver on a dark photo, but that's probably it. And I prefer the front. Can see the team name, his number, the vintage tagging. On back it wouldn't look that different from those knockoff jerseys they make for signings.

For pure aesthetics, I would have sent in a nice 16x20. But due to the prices, I had to send in bigger ticket items. Maybe I should have opted for a vintage game ball instead of the jersey. Maybe next time.

Bogeywon

Premier Member
Credits