All-Star Fan Fest attendants - early list

swish54

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
Got an e-mail confirming these guys are scheduled to be at the Fan Fest this year.

Hall of Famers Bob Feller, Dick Williams, Earl Weaver, Ferguson Jenkins, Gaylord Perry, Goose Gossage, Harmon Killebrew, Juan Marichal, Luis Aparicio, Orlando Cepeda, Robin Roberts, and Rollie Fingers.

Former Cardinals Andy Benes, Jack Clark, John Mabry, John Tudor, Lee Smith, Mike Matheny, Tom Henke and Will Clark.

MLB Greats Andre Dawson, Bob Watson, Fred Lynn, and Tommy John.

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
thanks for listing this. now this may be my first time going. do u pay to get in and then ur guaranteed at least a few guys or u pay to get them??

greedy19

Lifetime Member
Credits
When I attended the fest in Chicago, I got in and just got in the autograph line. The lines were super long, and I just timed it for the guys I wanted. If I remember it correctly, they were in hour increments, I think? There was a list posted. I do believe there were a few changes as well.

swish54

Founding Member
Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
From my understanding you pay like $30 or so for a fan fest ticket to get in to the fan fest. Then as a part of the fan fest is autographs, so you just get in line and wait. You don't have to pay anything extra to get the autographs. Chances are the guys who are signing when you get into line aren't going to be the ones who are there when it's your turn.

graphgoddess

Premier Member
Credits
ok i figured as much, do u think u have time to get back in line to try for other guys? :p thanks for info.

tazdmb

Founding Member
Credits
Just remember that not all autographs guests are in the official area
In 2006: A company (don't remember who) brought in Lee Smith, Tony Gwynn and some others, Cal Ripken signed at his own booth one day and all the Future Game participants had their own autograph sigining.

82brewers

Lifetime Member
Credits
when this came to milwaukee, i spent all 5 days, 50 hours in the autograph lines. had stuff for everyone on the list in my bag. also was able to buy some 8x10's from dealer booths. they would rotate the guests at the tables every 2 hours or so. stayed at fan fest during the homerun derby, thats when i cleaned up. lines were not as long back then, as they are currently. ive been told this by people that attended recent ones.

hsider1

Lifetime Member
Credits
Yeah when I went in New York last year you had to pay to get into the fanfest and then the autograph lines were free. The lines were about 3 hours long with the set of players signing (usually 2 players at a time) changing every 2 hours. Normally I would have had to just guess, but I managed to befriend a volunteer their who gave me the list of who was signing and when they were signing (and updated us whenever it changed).

That allowed us to time when we got online. If you plan on trying to see other things at the fanfest I would bring friends. I went with 3 friends last year and we alternated. 2 people would stand in line for an hour while the other 2 walked around, then we would switch. Then when we got close to the front all 4 of us would get back in line. That's what most people who came in groups were doing and nobody seemed to mind.