6/1/15 Phillies Phestival

psugator02

Lifetime Member
Credits
I still need Utley on 08 ginter if someone can take it. i can offer $$$ or trade. let me know.

jbk150

Founding Member
Credits
Seems like only those in PA got their tickets. Anyone outside of Pennsylvania get theirs yet?

jbk150

Founding Member
Credits
Have everything from 1-22 except 1,4,5 and 10. They sometimes have been known to issue fewer of the high demand guys but guess we'll see soon.

red33sox

Premier Member
Credits
with rain on its way, people stayed clear. Also, because the team is in rough shape, it was the lowest attended event I had seen in years. Ill post my results soon, but it was another well run and fun event. Highly recommend.

red33sox

Premier Member
Credits
They released the list of players late this year, so I only had an hour to trade.
I got 8 autograph tickets, and draw R Howard, Papelbon, Ruiz, Charlie manuel, Cody Ashe, Diekman, Hernandez ,and Maikel Franco/Jeff Franceour. gave away the Hernandez to a friend I met at teh Phestival 3 years ago. Bought another Papelbon and Ken Giles for face value ($15 ea). Traded Ruiz and Manuel for R Howard. Traded Howard and Ashe for Cole Hamels. A friend I met a the Phestival two years ago gave me a Papelbon ticket for free.
I also traded some of my older grab bag prizes like a Ryne Sanberg signed hat and Brian Schneider and Brad Lidge ball for about 6 bobbleheads.

I played the dice game and won a bobblehead, two hats and a 2015 team program. I bought a bobblehead off of a guy for $6. I got Howard and Papelbon to sign my 11x14 pics of them, then got a 'combined no hitter" pic of Pap, Diekman,Giles and Hamels. Hamels smuged it with a bad marker, so it didnt come out great. Sucks.

Also got Harang for a $10 donation on a 2008 Ginter and got Franco on 2 8x10s and Franceour on a 2008 Ginter and Papelbon on a 2008 ginter

Bought a grab bag and got another bobblehead. YES!

Overall, I spent $200 in cash on the tickets and got about 10 bobbleheads, 4 pics, 3 cards and the no hitter poster all signed.

Lines were small because of the weather and the bad team, but I was happy to support ALS and the Phillies.

How did everyone else do?

Somms

Premier Member
Credits
I ended up with:

Giles/McClure-which was the first booth I went too and of course Giles was 25 minutes late so I knew I had to husstle to my other booths.

Before the event I traded my Ruiz station for a Sandberg station, so I went to Sandberg next. He signed a ball on the sweet spot with HOF 05 inscription.

Following Sandberg, I got Ruf/Samuel and then went upstairs.

I had bought a Harang/Jerome Williams for $10 before the Phestival so I did that booth next, then went to the Garcia/Gomez booth.

After Garcia/Gomez, I went to Stairs/Ben Davis which I had a ticket for but also paid the $10 donation to have them sign two cards each.

Hit up the Mike Schmidt photo booth which had two people in front of me at the time so that was quick. Following that I went to Francoeur and Franco. I had a ticket and there weren't many people behind me, but the staff running the booth were turning everyone else away saying no cash donations at all. There was still about 20 minutes left.

I went downstairs to my last two booths to see if I could get them all done, I got the Blanco and Cabrera booth finished and went to the Hernandez/Galvis booth which I had a ticket for. Once 6:30 hit they shut off the line. They had people in line with cash donations but did not let myself and the two others with tickets in the line since it was 6:30 which was disappointing. Three more people would not have made a big deal, the line only had about 5 people to begin with. I would have been a little bit more pissed if it was a star but it is what it is and I had a pretty good day.

I also bought one grab bag and got a Sandberg autographed hat. Seems like the people in charge of the grab bags were very accommodating and if someone had gotten the same thing earlier the exchanged which they usually don't. I also saw a few kids go up to get a grab bag and say I want a bobble head and the guy pulling the grab bags would make sure the kids got a bobblehead which was also nice.

The low numbers did make it easier for the autographs. I remember in years past this would sell out in 20 minutes, this year they were still advertising tickets a week ahead of the event. As stated by someone earlier I am sure the weather and the fact that the team isn't good didn't help, but it's for a great cause and I proud to have been coming to this event for about 20 years.

I remember going as a little boy and someone stealing my grab bag as I put it on the ground. I was crying my eyes out and my dad took me to the Phillies offices to tell them what happened and David Montgomery himself came to present me with a grab bag. Something I still remember to this day.

NHLFan

Lifetime Member
Credits
Here were my results:

I too chose poorly for my first line with Ken Giles. I bailed on the line after he was 20 minutes late and passed him on the concourse to my next station.

I decided at that point to skip my lower level stations and head upstairs. My top priority was the Carlos Ruiz/Elvis Araujo station where I wanted to get Ruiz on a Mother's Day ball (I'd gotten Utley, Howard, and Hamels on them at previous Phestivals). Got my Chooch and Araujo side paneled me (under the MLB logo).

Next was the Jerome Williams/Aaron Harang station. Both were very great and chatted up the two shy kids in front of me for a good bit. Williams was especially interactive with them, which was cool to see.

Then it was time for the Cole Hamels station. The line of people outside waiting for the possibility of cash donations was longer than the line inside (maybe a slight exaggeration). I knew what was coming and still couldn't avoid it. Handed Cole my ROMLB with the 'sweet spot' lined up perfectly. He took it, sweet spot facing him, put it down slightly, then rolled the ball and signed directly under the sweet spot, on the side panel without the MLB logo. He handed back to me with a smirk. I said 'Thanks' and went on my way. Like I said, I knew it was coming, as that's what he's known for. Wish I'd had a photo instead.

Next was Papelbon's station. Again, the line was fairly short and quick. Pap talks to EVERYONE about anything. For the few in front of me with ROMLB's, he seemed to fixated on where the sweet spot was on the ball. "Is this the sweet spot?". I'd actually heard him do this two Phestivals ago, so when he asked me where the sweet spot was, I replied, "Well, the sweet spot's actually on a bat, but people like to call this (pointing to the ball) the sweet spot on the baseball". I figured that's what he was going for, but he just kinda said "Oh, ok." and signed my ball.

I had a ticket for the Cody Asche station, but after waiting in a line of about 40 people for 10 minutes without it moving, I decided to head back downstairs as there was only about 15 minutes left.

In rapid succession, since the lines were practically empty, I got Larry Bowa, Darin Ruf and Juan Samuel, Freddy Galvis and Cesar Hernandez, and wrapped up by finishing where I started with Ken Giles.

Aside from skipping Asche, I also had tickets for but passed on (or ran out of time for) O'Sullivan and Gonzalez, Diekman and DeFratus, and Stairs/Davis.

Bought 6 grab bags and got a Diekman signed hat, 2 Bowa baseballs, 1 John Mizerock ball (yippee), an announcers signed ball with all of the broadcast team (TV and radio) minus Mike Schmidt. Cool ball, just wish it had Schmidt too. And my last bag had a Cole Hamels signed ball...on the sweet spot...but with an autograph that NO ONE would recognize as being a Cole Hamels autograph. Class act that guy.

All in all, had another great time at a great event, for a very worthwhile cause. Looking forward to next year.