2012 redsfest..more than ever

icee82

Premier Member
Credits
Just returned from RedsFest. As far as numbers are concerned, this was by far the best RedsFest of the four that I have attended. First of all, I would guess that this was being done by someone that might be on a board but I have to admit that it was ingenious. I saw this twice with the same two guys. Guy A would begin walking towards the player. Guy B would begin talking to the volunteer that was standing near the front of the line. He would get her turned around so that she could not see the player and Guy A would get three or four cards signed each time. Of course Guy B only got one item signed but his partner racked up. Nice job guys...I have a keen appreciation for innovation and ingeniuity! I saw this in the Corcino line as well as Lotzkar and Cingrani. Those guys racked in both lines!

Here is my haul for the weekend. I have a panoramic photo taken from the second or third deck of Riverfront moments after Pete Rose broke Ty Cobb's record and he is being mobbed by his teammates. I have this on a 20 X 30 canvas print. Tom Orr got Rose for me at the Chicago Sun Times show and I added five players and a coach from that year. Eric Davis, Ron Oester, Ted Power, Tommy Helms (first base coach), Dave Parker with The Cobra inscription and Tom Browning with the "Mr. Perfect" inscription.

On a 1990 world championship poster, I added Todd Benzinger, Chris Sabo, Tom Browning, Ron Oester, and Norm Charlton. I also got Charlton on a mini helmet in black paint pen and got two balls signed for a board member with the inscription of "The Sheriff". Got indiviual balls signed by Daniel Corcino, Dave Collins, Dmitri Young, Tony Cingrani, Kyle Lotzkar, and Alfredo Simon.

Nabbed Joey Votto on a poster print as well as George Foster and Chuck Harmon on 8 X 10 photographs.

Overall my wife and I nabbed 25 for both days. Wife racked in the HOF! We were working on quality this year as opposed to quantity.