Texas Rangers Winter Caravan

Shawn_E.

Founding Member & MiLB Photographer
Website
www.myspace.com
Credits
Texas Rangers announce complete Winter Caravan schedule

ARLINGTON, Texas -- The Texas Rangers have announced the complete schedule of cities to be included in their annual Winter Caravan. The 2006 Winter Caravan features 6 major stops throughout Texas and Oklahoma beginning January 6 with the addition of three local town hall meetings that will take place January 11, 12, and 17, sponsored by kdfi-27.
The outer market caravan stops are presented in part by FSN Southwest, Academy Sports & Outdoors, Southwest Airlines, and American Limos & Transportation. The annual Texas Rangers Winter Caravan features current players visiting numerous schools, military bases, corporations, service clubs, and public appearances. Each portion of the caravan will be led by a member of the Texas Rangers radio/television broadcast team, including Eric Nadel, Victor Rojas, Josh Lewin, and Tom Grieve as well as representatives from the Texas Rangers front office. The town hall meetings will be held at local Academy stores and feature talkbacks with General Manager Jon Daniels, President Jeff Cogen, Assistant General Manager Thad Levine, and current players and coaches.

General information including cities and players for the community stops is available below. For updated information on the 2006 Texas Rangers Winter Caravan, fans can call 817.273.5207 or visit the Texas Rangers official website at texasrangers.com.

2006 Texas Rangers Winter Caravan

Trip #1: Bobby Jones, Marshall McDougall, Scott Feldman, Victor Rojas, Jim Sundberg
Friday, January 6 - Oklahoma City, OK
--Oklahoma City RedHawks dinner**
Saturday, January 7 - Oklahoma City/Lawton, OK
-- Fort Sill appearance
-- Academy Sports & Outdoors public appearance, 7700 South Walker, OKC, 1:30-2:30 p.m.

Town Hall Meeting #1: Tuesday, January 11 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Academy Sports & Outdoors Grapevine, 1523 State Hwy. 114 West
Thomas Diamond, Brian Shouse, Don Wakamatsu, Jeff Cogen, Jon Daniels
Jim Sundberg, Tom Grieve, and Victor Rojas

Town Hall Meeting #2: Wednesday, January 12 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Academy Sports & Outdoors Dallas, 8050 Forest Lane
Thomas Diamond, Brian Shouse, Don Wakamatsu, Jeff Cogen, Thad Levine
Jim Sundberg, Tom Grieve, and Eric Nadel

Town Hall Meeting #3: Tuesday, January 17
Academy Sports & Outdoors Arlington, 1100 West Arbrook Blvd
Gary Matthews Jr., Josh Rupe, Don Wakamatsu, Jeff Cogen, Jon Daniels, Jim Sundberg, Tom Grieve, and Victor Rojas

Trip #2: Thomas Diamond, Gary Matthews Jr., Josh Rupe, Don Wakamatsu, Victor Rojas
Wednesday, January 18 - Wichita Falls
--Region 10 Virtual Tour**
--Sheppard AFB appearance

Trip #3: Gary Matthews Jr., Josh Rupe, and Josh Lewin
Thursday, January 19 - Longview -- Longview East Texas Baseball appearance**

Trip #4: TBA Player(s), Jeff Cogen, and Don Wakamatsu
Saturday, January 21 - Frisco -- Dr Pepper/Seven-Up Ballpark public appearance, 1:30 p.m.-3:00 p.m.

Trip #5: Don Wakamatsu, Eric Nadel
Sunday, January 22 - Waco -- Waco Little League event
Monday, January 23 - Waco/Fort Hood -- Rotary Club of Waco -- Fort Hood appearance

Trip #6: Brian Shouse, Jim Sundberg
Wednesday, January 25 - Lubbock -- Texas Tech First Pitch Luncheon**
Academy Sports & Outdoors appearance, 5802 19th Street, 6:00-7:30 p.m.

Beverly23

Premier Member
Website
www.thediary.org
Credits
I went to the Caravan Friday night. Victor Rojas was sick and didn't attend but everyone else was there. They signed whatever you wanted and I didn't notice any limits.

mkov1226

Founding Member
Credits
If anyone can 50/50 Gary Matthews Jr. let me know, I need him for a set.

Cubs22Rangers9

Website
www.freewebs.com
Credits
Beverly23 said:
I went to the Caravan Friday night. Victor Rojas was sick and didn't attend but everyone else was there. They signed whatever you wanted and I didn't notice any limits.
Beverly, do you think it would be worth a 30 minute drive to go to the one in Arlington? I'm trying to decide on whether or not to go.

Beverly23

Premier Member
Website
www.thediary.org
Credits
Cubs22Rangers9 said:
Beverly, do you think it would be worth a 30 minute drive to go to the one in Arlington? I'm trying to decide on whether or not to go.

It would probably be worth it if you need the guys who will be there. I'm not sure what the set-up or crowds will be like since it is a "public" appearance....our caravan was at a season ticket holders dinner. They also did an appearance at Academy here, but I didn't go to that. I'd guess that you would be able to get at least one autograph of each, more if its not a crowd. That may be worth it if you need Gary since I've never seen him sign much otherwise.