Labor Day Sports Collectible & Autograph Convention

steelerfan2112

Premier Member
Credits
I went yesterday, not much of a show. 30 maybe 40 tables at best. Sayers signature is still very nice, he's getting slow though, someone on another board said he's in early stages of dimensia. I hope not, he's a class act. Paul Hornung was pretty cool, sometimes he can be a a**hole. Grant Furh cancelled, rescheduled for Yorktown show on September 29. Info coming soon.

kenoshacub

Premier Member
Credits
I'm sorry to say but I agree there is something wrong with Sayers. He seemed to have a hard time remembering what to put on as far as inscriptions. I went for jdubb to get his 11 signed and he didn't pay for the inscription but Sayers wrote HOF on it and seemed to be struggling with what to put next, finally after a minute or so I politely said 77, then he put it on. Guy in front of me got 9 photos done with the same inscription and the guy with Sayers had to keep telling him what to write. The graph was as good as always but I think he is slipping some.

nbrock624

Premier Member
Credits
Thanks for sharing the highlights. I hadn't heard of the Yorktown show; is there anyone besides Fuhr attending? I didn't see anything on csac or the Sportsnewsproductions website yet.

jimjones

Lifetime Member
Credits
the yorktown show is supposed to be announced soon. i heard there was supposed to be something with former blackhawk brent sopel and a few current blackhawks back in middle of june or july. cant remember. not sure what to expect though.

steelerfan2112

Premier Member
Credits
Any Info on the Yorktown show September 29. Sportsnewsshows updated there website with info on an upcoming St. Louis show in October but no mention of a Yorktown Mall signing.

jimjones

Lifetime Member
Credits
Im with ya steelerfan i havent heard a word about this show. im hoping with the lockout maybe they can land some big name blackhawks. former or current. who knows though

steelerfan2112

Premier Member
Credits
It looks like the Yorktown show is October 20. Tony Esposito, Murray Bannerman and some other Blackhawk. sportsnewsshows.com has the info

jimjones

Lifetime Member
Credits
the 2 current hawks cancelled. got sent to rockford. andrew shaw and brandon saad. tony o and bannerman still scheduled.