Bruin's Wives' Carnival

Bcfan9876

Credits
Hey I was looking at the Bruins' website and it has this information about this Bruins Wives' Carnival event at the Garden on January 8th, it has admission prices and it says that theres autograph sessions but do you think you have to pay seperately for the autograph sessions or that it is included with the admission price? Is anyone planning on going or does anyone know what the deal is? Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://bostonbruins.com/community/wivescarnival.asp

thanks

Autograph Amy

Founding Member
Credits
Well it looks like that carnival is simular to the one that the Flyers hold every year. The Flyers on has been going on for quite awhile now, I forget exactly how long. The Flyers Wives Carnival is the one that the rest of them are patterned after....they have raised and continue to raise huge amounts of money thru this carnival! I have been to a few in the past and they are extremely crowded. The ones I went to were probably about 10 years ago and you could get alot of autographs. They are growing in popularity since then so it is really hard to get as many sigs as in the past. The players work in the carnival booths and are also scheduled in photo booths and autograph booths and some in the dunk tank. I believe you do get a voucher for 2 players or something like that for the admission price. Usually you will also see alumni guys there too...you may be lucky to get some as they are going thru the crowd. But like I said this event gets really crowded. I havent been to one for a long time because of that reason...its pretty hard to get around the arena floor at times. I am not a Flyer fan but this is a great event for raising money. i can only tell you that if you do attend one of these...go early!

Last edited:

Bcfan9876

Credits
gorphils said:
Well it looks like that carnival is simular to the one that the Flyers hold every year. The Flyers on has been going on for quite awhile now, I forget exactly how long. The Flyers Wives Carnival is the one that the rest of them are patterned after....they have raised and continue to raise huge amounts of money thru this carnival! I have been to a few in the past and they are extremely crowded. The ones I went to were probably about 10 years ago and you could get alot of autographs. They are growing in popularity since then so it is really hard to get as many sigs as in the past. The players work in the carnival booths and are also scheduled in photo booths and autograph booths and some in the dunk tank. I believe you do get a voucher for 2 players or something like that for the admission price. Usually you will also see alumni guys there too...you may be lucky to get some as they are going thru the crowd. But like I said this event gets really crowded. I havent been to one for a long time because of that reason...its pretty hard to get around the arena floor at times. I am not a Flyer fan but this is a great event for raising money. i can only tell you that if you do attend one of these...go early!

allright thanks for the help, i doubt i will go.. I have basiacly all the Bruins players I need but I would like Raycroft, Leetch, and Murray.

boswell423

Founding Member
Credits
I went to these every year until 2004. If you go to the early session, where the tickets cost more, there are far less people. If you go to the later session, it is pretty packed. The way it works is you pay admission for your ticket and then throughout the arena there are booths set up with various players. The bottom of the roster guys you can get for $1, paying a $1 to play a game (like put your dollar on a number, if the pinwheel lands on the number you win a prize) then at the end of the line, there is a player who will sign whatever ya got. The mid-range players, say a Boynton or PJ, will be in the $5-10 range, where you can play them in an NHL video game, knock hockey, or bubble hockey. These lines are generally longer. Then they usually have 4 big names where they charge $15 each where you are limited to one sig. The last time I went they were Thornton, Samsanov, Lapointe, and Murray. My guess is this year it will be Leetch, Murray, Sergei, and probably Patrice.

Lastly, the two goaltenders usually stand in front of the nets while little kids shoot rubber balls at them. I believe this costs $10 and you get a certificate the goaltender has signed, but not your own item signed. At the end all players head to the lockerroom. I usually tried to nab a few of the big name guys this way for free. Also, one year I waited in the steps as the players headed down toward the parking lot, nabbing Ray Bourque.

It's a great event. I highly suggest attending. It is very well organized and great, particularly for those with children.

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
^^Boswell explained it beautifully. I have gone to these Wives Canivals for the past three times; not last year as it never happened. These events are great and you can definitly come away with lots of autographs for a good price; $25 for the tixs I believe; plus $10 each on the high end players; $1 for the low end players.

DaveL

Charter Member
Credits
Re:

I'm going to the early bird session with my 10 year
old. I've never gone before does anyone have any
recommendations on what to bring? I am going to
models to get a bunch of Bruins pucks for 2 bucks
a piece...

I hope they have some really cool booths like
a HARRY SINDEN/JEREMY JACOBS DUNK TANK or
one where you can throw CRUMMY UNDERCOOKED
5 DOLLAR HOT DOGS at garden concession workers ;)

BTW: has anyone been to the Ristuccia Center
in Wilmington (where the B's practice). I was told
that they are open to the public.

sprtsstar4ever

Founding Member
Credits
^^If you wanna splurge; the last time I went, I went to The Sports Authority and I bought a Bruins Team Jersey for like $35 I think at the time. I got a bunch of autos on that from the last time I went. Other than that maybe some cards of the lesser known roster guys instead of putting them on pucks......

I don't know if I will be going to the early bird session this year; but I will be going to one of them; maybe I will see you there??

boswell423

Founding Member
Credits
I always loaded up on cards before heading to these events. Sportslots or Beckett is a great source for these. Also, the last time I was there they had 8 x 10s of every player for $5 a pop if that's what your looking for.

I went to training camp practices once or twice in Wilmington since it is right next door to my city. Not very fan friendly, but if you pick guys out plain clothed (I wasn't too great at it, although Hal Gill and Anson Carter were pretty easy to pick out) you'll do fine.

bryan

Credits
i wish the devils had one of these shows i would definetely try to go to it for the autos and probally just to meet the players because it s not every day you can dunk a hockey player in water

Bcfan9876

Credits
bryan do you do the devils much? Hows gionta? When he was a phenom at BC back in his glory days ( he once got 5 goals in a single period) he was so cool with me and he even gave me his stick one night after he scored a hattrick and he signed it and everything it was awesome